Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > "Slideshow audio" file

"Slideshow audio" file
seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 5, 2003, 06:33 PM

I accidentally told iTunes to scour my hard drive moving all the music it could find into my Music folder. I'm afraid this has broken some OS component, and I'm wondering where "Slideshow audio.mp3" came from.

Will one of you do a search of your hard drive to find where "Slideshow audio.mp3" is supposed to be? Thanks!

lokjah
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2003, 06:39 PM

i just did a search on my tibook and my dual gig and cant find that file on either of my systems.

have u played it? does it reveal what app it belongs to?

l�k

Originally posted by seanyepez:
I accidentally told iTunes to scour my hard drive moving all the music it could find into my Music folder. I'm afraid this has broken some OS component, and I'm wondering where "Slideshow audio.mp3" came from.

Will one of you do a search of your hard drive to find where "Slideshow audio.mp3" is supposed to be? Thanks!
iron sharpens iron

seanyepez  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 5, 2003, 06:42 PM

It's music of some sort. I'm running a clean 10.2.3 installation upgraded from the 10.2.1 installation that came with the machine from the factory.
( Last edited by seanyepez; Jan 5, 2003 at 06:47 PM. )

seanyepez  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 5, 2003, 06:54 PM

I'm going to have to restore my system if I don't find out where this file came from...

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Jan 5, 2003, 06:54 PM

iPhoto.

seanyepez  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 5, 2003, 07:01 PM

I found it. It's in the iDVD2 folder's "Tutorial" media file.

CheesePuff
Professional Poster
Jan 5, 2003, 07:07 PM

Oh, well iPhoto has a slideshow file like that as well.

So Sean, you have a 1 GHz PowerBook? How is it? I'm getting mine on Tuesday but am worrying about spending $3,000 on it and carrying it to school, etc. I can get a fully loaded iBook 800 with 40 GB HD, 640 MB RAM, plus 2 batteries, 2 AC adapters, .Mac *and* a 10 GB iPod for $500 less. But I am use to a large screen resolution and a G4...

lokjah
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2003, 07:13 PM

i'd say go for it, i love mine even tho i got a doa the first shipment, the new one i got is pristine...

thats alot you can get, but bottom line is do you want a g3 ibook....?

l�k

Originally posted by CheesePuff:
Oh, well iPhoto has a slideshow file like that as well.

So Sean, you have a 1 GHz PowerBook? How is it? I'm getting mine on Tuesday but am worrying about spending $3,000 on it and carrying it to school, etc. I can get a fully loaded iBook 800 with 40 GB HD, 640 MB RAM, plus 2 batteries, 2 AC adapters, .Mac *and* a 10 GB iPod for $500 less. But I am use to a large screen resolution and a G4...
iron sharpens iron

Forum Links
Forum Rules