Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Cup Final Day

Cup Final Day
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
May 5, 2012, 10:04 AM

So its FA Cup final day today, the greatest club competition in the world. Anyone else here going to watch?

It feels a bit wrong not kicking off at 3pm, its also wrong that the premier league season hasn't finished yet and won't until next weekend and again that there are other fixtures going on today. The FA Cup final is supposed to be a closing showpiece of the domestic season, I can only hope this is all an effort to give our international players a bit more time off before Euro 2012 starts (and that it pays off).

As a lifelong Liverpool fan its obvious who I will be supporting today, anyone else have a preference?
As a bonus, I'm also hoping that Chelsea lose the Champions League final but only as a punishment to the two traitors Torres and Meireles. It would amuse me greatly if they ended this season with no trophies (and no champions league next year) while Liverpool won two.

I'm also hoping Manchester City will take the Premier League title for reasons which will be obvious to anyone who knows how much Liverpool fans hate Manchester United.

Anyway, its a little over two hours until kick off, Come on you reds!!!!

YNWA
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
May 5, 2012, 11:25 AM

I don't like soccer, my younger brother does. He will be rooting for Liverpool as well.

Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
May 5, 2012, 12:57 PM

All is not going according to plan. Come on Liverpool!
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
May 5, 2012, 04:20 PM

Damnit. I don't want to sound bitter but I don't think the better team won today. Chelsea were probably slightly better for the first half or so but for the last 30ish minutes, Liverpool tore them to shreds. The luck was not with us today, it seems to have been absent all season.

Credit to Petr Cech for a truly magnificent, cup-winning save (regardless of whether it crossed the line or not and I don't think it did quite) and Andy Carroll was absolutely fantastic when he came on. If that second goal had stood, he'd have justified his price tag in heroic fashion.

Never mind, lets get some revenge on them on Tuesday and just hope that Bayern can keep them out of next seasons Champions League. That'll still piss Torres, Meireles and Abramovich off no end.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
May 5, 2012, 05:38 PM

Oh dear, you're an LFC fan. I held you in such high esteem as well.

Waragainstsleep  (op)
Posting Junkie
May 5, 2012, 07:04 PM

So you must be an Evertonian or are you one of the prawn sandwich brigade?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
May 5, 2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
So you must be an Evertonian or are you one of the prawn sandwich brigade?
lol, prawns I'm afraid. From the Ron Atkinson days BTW.

The first professional football match that I ever went to see was the '85 Cup Final (grandfather had friends in the FA don't you know).

Must admit that I'm getting more and more turned off with professional sport in general though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules