Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Looking for places that do custom icons/images...

Looking for places that do custom icons/images...
dawho9
Senior User
Mar 25, 2006, 08:56 AM

Hello all.

Just looking for some suggestions of where I can turn to help me out with some custom graphics/images for a web site. Its a really small project - nine whole icons.

You can check them out at http://www.bmga.org - as you can see, the icons exist, they just are things I threw together and would love to get something better where all the icons seem to fit together.

The real problem is, I have $300.00 for the project from the club and well - most places I asked, its about $300.00 per icon.

If anyone has any suggestions out there, that would be cool.

Thanks,

Richard

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2006, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by dawho9
Hello all.

Just looking for some suggestions of where I can turn to help me out with some custom graphics/images for a web site. Its a really small project - nine whole icons.

You can check them out at http://www.bmga.org - as you can see, the icons exist, they just are things I threw together and would love to get something better where all the icons seem to fit together.

The real problem is, I have $300.00 for the project from the club and well - most places I asked, its about $300.00 per icon.

If anyone has any suggestions out there, that would be cool.

Thanks,

Richard
Hi Richard. I am a designer and photoshop artist just starting out in my professional, freelance career. I have been producing freeware work for the GUI community for many years and to great acclaim, and have produced icons and other custom graphics for companies too.

My site is about to undergo a redesign, including a portfolio, and advertising my services, but if you want to check out the kind of thing I can do, please visit here: www.ozzdesign.com

I would be happy to undertake this project to your specifications and within your budget. My site has a facility to contact me if you require my services. If you would like to see some other work, let me know.

Thanks! Tony "Ozzpot" Mingoia
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 25, 2006, 01:05 PM

Well it looks like the OP may be all set, but I was going to add that you can almost always find someone willing to do this kind of work for free. Usually it's people like Ozzpot looking to make a name for themselves. Now obviously with this approach you run the risk of getting sub-standard work (no offense to you, Ozzpot), but if your budget is limited and you don't have an entire marketing department to back you up, this is the way to go.

Incidentally, I had some wondeful icons made for my apps by Kenichi Yoshida, who I found in the MacNN GUI Customization forum. His business has really taken off since (not really thanks to my apps or anything, but it's nice to see someone succeed from the ground-up).

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 25, 2006, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ozzpot
Hi Richard. I am a designer and photoshop artist just starting out in my professional, freelance career. I have been producing freeware work for the GUI community for many years and to great acclaim, and have produced icons and other custom graphics for companies too.

My site is about to undergo a redesign, including a portfolio, and advertising my services, but if you want to check out the kind of thing I can do, please visit here: www.ozzdesign.com

I would be happy to undertake this project to your specifications and within your budget. My site has a facility to contact me if you require my services. If you would like to see some other work, let me know.

You have some awesome talent! Very cool stuff.

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 27, 2006, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by rickey939
Thanks very much. Expect to see more soon when my site is updated with a new design and more content. I have officially taken on this job, so that's my priority for now.

@ wataru:

Yes, I am looking to make a name for myself, certainly as far as this freelance lark goes, but I am a qualified designer and digital artist, and up until a month ago was the lead design and marketing executive for an insurance company. I made all their logos, web graphics, icons, and print adverts. I left that job to pursue this career where I can do freelance jobs from home in my own time. I am a long-standing, well-known and acclaimed member of the Mac GUI community, with many years of freeware goodies including widgets skins and icons under my belt, some of which can be seen at my site. I am a Photoshop expert with nearly 10 years experience, and like to think that my work reflects this.

Hopefully jobs like this will give me a little more stuff to put in my portfolio, and perhaps some word of mouth, whoch has worked very well for the great Kenichi as you mentioned, who is one of my contemporaries I wish to emulate.
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

Love Calm Quiet
Mac Elite
Mar 27, 2006, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by rickey939
Yes. And also a very nifty "Too Cool for IE" image

--> http://paularmstrongdesigns.com/webl...d-bye-too-cool
TOMBSTONE: "He's trashed his last preferences"

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 28, 2006, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ozzpot

Very nice site. Do you work on such things as a banner, logo, buttons, and web design. I would be interested to discuss your prices and what help you could offer.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Forum Links
Forum Rules