Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Free/Inexpensive Photo Watermark App?

Free/Inexpensive Photo Watermark App?
ghporter
Administrator
Dec 19, 2010, 09:57 AM

I've gone through a bunch of research to find a way to apply watermarks to my photos. One step at a time works fine (even with GIMP), but it's tedious and I have a bunch of pictures. What will let me apply a watermark, and maybe even batch resize my pictures without forcing me to redirect my food budget to the software?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

subego
Clinically Insane
Dec 19, 2010, 03:46 PM

Veltliner
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2010, 03:55 PM

What editing software are you currently using, ghporter?

Veltliner
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2010, 04:00 PM

Here are the two I found.

Download iWatermark for Mac - Easily add watermarks to art, photos, etc. MacUpdate.com

Download DropWaterMark X for Mac - Watermark images easily. MacUpdate.com

I personally use different actions in Photoshop - depending on background I blend in a black or a white watermark. With different backgrounds I run both the black and the white watermark action, and so get a perfectly readable watermark.

If you are using GIMP, create and action for a watermark, and then you can do it as a one-step process. The higher end the software you are using is, the better it will look (choosing fonts, colors, size, location, etc.).

ghporter  (op)
Administrator
Dec 19, 2010, 10:32 PM

I have Gimp-it's free, and it does most of what I've wanted to do on individual images without too much hassle of too steep a learning curve.

The Gimp Registry solution should work-but it's aimed at Linux users who compile their own build of Gimp-that leaves me out. And that dodge doesn't work at all with the pre-compiled OS X version of Gimp anyway.

I'm still pretty much "fresh out of college" in terms of buying relatively expensive software that I won't use really, really often, so I haven't gone to the expense of buying Photoshop. I'll take a look at iWatermark and DropWaterMark as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for the pointers.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules