Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The problem with modern day science...

The problem with modern day science...
King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2006, 05:45 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5181008.stm

*(Warning: Personal rant ahead about global warming)*

This article right here sums up why I don't always believe some of the FUD that's put out by scientists. (I'm addressing you Global Warming scientists) They know the results they want to get, so they can make evidence that supports it.

I don't think that anything that those scientists put out is going to change anything, they just seem to bitch about what's wrong. What's going to happen IMHO, is gas will eventually cost to much, and a "green" alternative will get cheaper.

Ethanol at first, then the diesel algae. (Our economy can't shift fuels overnight, Ethanol fits into most people's budgets alot better right now than buying a new diesel car).

Kevin
Baninated
Jul 17, 2006, 06:06 PM

Scientists are human just like you and me. And are fallible.

On purpose or not.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2006, 06:19 AM

King Bob, I don't think that will happen until the "evil" oil companies embrace the "alternative" fuels like ethanol or other such things.

Eveidence can be used or made up to support their own "beliefs."
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Taliesin
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2006, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by King Bob On The Cob
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5181008.stm

*(Warning: Personal rant ahead about global warming)*

This article right here sums up why I don't always believe some of the FUD that's put out by scientists. (I'm addressing you Global Warming scientists) They know the results they want to get, so they can make evidence that supports it.

I don't think that anything that those scientists put out is going to change anything, they just seem to bitch about what's wrong. What's going to happen IMHO, is gas will eventually cost to much, and a "green" alternative will get cheaper.

Ethanol at first, then the diesel algae. (Our economy can't shift fuels overnight, Ethanol fits into most people's budgets alot better right now than buying a new diesel car).
Yes, you are right that there is some FUD used by scientists, but to think that the scientific system doesn't work correctly anymore is wrong. The peer-review-system works and while it may work slowly, it exposes the frauds and forgeries most of the time.

Taliesin

Forum Links
Forum Rules