Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTT: Video cards

WTT: Video cards
Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2004, 10:49 AM

This may sound a bit silly, but I'm looking to trade my Radeon 9800 Pro for something like a Radeon 9600 Pro. If you have a 9600 and are looking to upgrade, I'll trade my video card for yours + $120 cash. I'm hesitant to go for anything less than the 9600 because they don't fully support CoreImage. I just got a PC recently and since it's such an amazing gaming machine I really don't need all the extra graphics power in my Mac.

I may as well also mention that I have a flashed GeForce 3 available. I've tried to sell it before without success, so I'm going to offer it up here as well, for a super cheap price. $40 shipped. Anyone want it? It only works in 4x AGP slots, otherwise it causes screen flickering.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

///Milien
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 19, 2004, 11:11 AM

Check your PM.

Jerman
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 19, 2004, 01:37 PM

What are the specs again on the 9800? Any interest in a GeForce 4 TI 4600? If so, what would make up the difference? Thanks.
-Jeremiah

Luca Rescigno  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2004, 01:51 PM

The 9800 is a retail card, flashed from the PC version, that looks exactly like this one. I have a digital camera but right now I am somewhat unable to take pictures with it (long story). Anyway, for you G5 owners, this card will work in a G5. However, since it's a retail card, it only provides a DVI port, a VGA port, and an S-video port. You can't use it with an ADC display. It also has a supplemental power connector (seen at the back corner of the image I linked to) and I'll provide an internal power cable so you can hook that up.

It is flashed, as mentioned above, and I think I should make that known. However, I've never had any problems with it at all. It even works with the ATI Displays utility, as if it were a Mac native card.
( Last edited by Luca Rescigno; Sep 19, 2004 at 02:14 PM. )

Luca Rescigno  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 11:30 AM

Little bumpity-bump here. Also, an update: rather than sticking to just trading this card for a 9600, which is not likely to happen anytime soon, I'd also be open to trades for a Radeon 8500, 9000, or a 9600. I would also be willing to sell the card outright. I'm just looking to get some cash from this and trading it for a GeForce 4 Titanium wouldn't really get me enough money to be worth it.

So I'll update my asking prices:

Trade for 9600 + $110
Trade for 8500 + $160
Trade for 9000 + $160
Sell outright for $240

I don't want a GeForce 4MX, and I already have a flashed GeForce 3 that I'm not all that fond of using (but I will if I have to). And I doubt I'd find anyone willing to trade me a Mac-native GeForce 3 for anything other than a straight-up trade with no cash. Oh, and if you have an 8500 you want to trade, I'm fine with flashed cards (mine is one, after all), but I want it to be a "built by ATI" one. I had a bad experience with a Gigabyte Radeon 8500 a while back, so I want to stick with stock ATI cards that are mechanically identical to the Mac version.

Forum Links
Forum Rules