Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Pete Jones, RIP

Pete Jones, RIP
bstone
Mac Elite
Jul 2, 2007, 12:55 AM

As some of you may know I spent a few months in the immediate-post Katrina Mississippi Gulf Coast. While there I worked day and night with a couple, Pete and Fay Jones. They were from Bastrop, TX and part of a Christian outreach center. From early morning until late evening, Pete and Fay worked in recruiting volunteers, serving food, sorting through supplies and constantly and tirelessly inspiring the good people of Waveland, MS. Pete was a retired major in the US Army and was an Army Ranger, something which he was very, very proud of. Pete was also a deacon in his church.

Pete was like another father to me. I could write on and on and on the many, many interactions him and I had. We lived and worked together for one singular purpose- to help people in need. He was level headed, kind, cool, collected, sensitive and every other word one can describe. Him and I would have late night talks about spirituality, his experiences in the army. Pete had a son who was disabled his whole life and passed away early. On Erev Yom Kippur Pete told me all about this son and how he responded to G-d about the passing of his son. Pete's faith in G-d never wavered. I admired his faith and flexibility.

Fay Jones, Pete's wife, sent me an email today informing me that Pete lost his 5 month battle with lung cancer. He passed away on Sunday 24 June 2007.

Pete had my full and complete respect. I think about him all the time and will never, ever forget him.

Pete Jones, a"h

EDOT - EDOT

Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

Forum Links
Forum Rules