Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Rules for hitting on women. Please add.

Rules for hitting on women. Please add. (Page 6)
Railroader
Banned
Nov 12, 2008, 03:52 PM

They are all offensive. And what about his sexually directed comments about you and turtle?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 12, 2008, 03:55 PM

I would like to point out that not all of my stupid jokes are about poo. I joke about oatmeal, Patrick Swayze, and actually in another thread I just told Laminar that he likes to put soy sauce on his genitals. I'm more than a one-trick pony, but this much is for certain: I am a pony.

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2008, 03:56 PM

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 12, 2008, 03:57 PM

calverson: will you please try to stay on topic?

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2008, 04:00 PM

Yes. The topic being... flirting on xbox?

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by calverson View Post
We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun...
You just don't give up, do you?

I know Icey and TI had some words for you in this thread but I reported you anyways. Your behavior is really offensive and goes way beyond the usual bullsh!t we get up to in the Lounge.

You get .
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2008, 04:06 PM

??? I was referring to Dakar and Laminar on X-Box Live.

I have apologized. Give it a break. Please.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2008, 05:24 PM

calverson, there's a big problem with the "resolution" of today's situation.

You claim that you're not really an asshole in real life, that you respect women, and that you're "just like this online".

First off, the quasi-anonymity of the Internet does not give you free license to be a tool.

Secondly, if anything, said Internet pseudo-anonymity gives you the protection to behave how you likely would behave in real life if you knew there would be no consequences for your behavior. If you were as entirely offensive in real life as you were on this thread today, you'd find yourself rather quickly charged with sexual harassment. If it was a work environment, your behavior would probably get you fired or put on some serious probation. Were it a school environment, you might be facing academic probation or disciplinary measures.

In the case of pretty much everyone I've come across on the Internet, they tend to let their true colors shine through much more online than in reality, particularly if their true colors show them to be an offensive, mean person with utterly no sense of decency.

You went way beyond a few off-color jokes into the realm of being wholly and extremely offensive. I would never tolerate that from anyone in real life, even if they were my best friend. You can't behave so poorly and then expect everyone to laugh when you say, "Haha! PSYCHE! I'm really pretty nice IRL; I was just messing with you!"

You should probably reconsider this idea that it's fun or okay to be cruel on the Internet, as long as you're not like that in real life. Even though we're just a bunch of usernames and text on a screen, there are real people behind those nicks, and you should give us the same courtesy you claim to give people outside of cyberspace.

And, for the record, if you want us to "give it rest", I'd recommend leaving this thread altogether before you dig yourself into an even deeper hole.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2008, 05:30 PM

There is no resolution.

I will not leave the thread. I will refrain from making comments that you, and others, may consider hurtful, off-color, or harassing.

calverson  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2008, 05:39 PM

In addendum:

What I mean by "no resolution" is that what I said is what I said. Amongst friends, IRL, they would have gone down fine, as the tone that they came across in would be more sarcastic and dry than serious.

That there is no feasible way to communicate a tone of voice on the internet is conducive to the situation I find myself in.

I am not willing to argue the psydo-internet personality point. You have your views, and I have mine, and I am not willing to discuss my philosophical views on the net.

Whatever. It won't happen again. You got what you want.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by calverson View Post
Whatever. It won't happen again. You got what you want.
Just to reiterate the point I made a few posts above, shifuimam is NOT the only one who wants you stop this behavior. So please don't think this is some little personal "spat" just between the two of you. Your actions and words are offensive to me and others of us on here as well.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

sdilley14
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2008, 06:22 PM

This thread needs more pictures. Guess which one I am...

Don't tell me those tactics we were talking about don't work. And all of these girls are intelligent, bright people (except maybe one).
( Last edited by sdilley14; Nov 12, 2008 at 06:35 PM. )
2.3 GHz Intel i5 MacBook Pro
iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano

sdilley14
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2008, 06:39 PM

One more. My birthday party two years ago...

iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2008, 09:39 PM

I once had sex behind the giraffe enclosure at the zoo.

Finding a ladder was the hard part.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 12, 2008, 10:53 PM

nice phone holder

sdilley14
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2008, 10:56 PM

LOL, no kidding, right?
iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 12, 2008, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
I once had sex behind the giraffe enclosure at the zoo.

Finding a ladder was the hard part.
Heheh... nicely done!

I heard that giraffe necks get all red when they are in heat. Is that true?

linger
Baninated
Nov 13, 2008, 11:10 AM

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 11:33 AM

"and this is my "me taking a big poop" face"

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 13, 2008, 11:33 AM

How do you know it is just a face?

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by sdilley14 View Post
One more. My birthday party two years ago...

iceenclosure needs to step it up.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 13, 2008, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by scaught View Post
iceenclosure needs to step it up.
No good having more girls around than you have hands.

I prefer to be behind the lens, but:

Feel my pimp cane.
I may delete these as I only posted 'em cause scaught called me out. Not trying to be mac gigolo up in here.

snip
( Last edited by IceEnclosure; Mar 19, 2009 at 10:09 AM. )
ice

sdilley14
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2008, 06:54 PM

Hahaha, wow, nice man!! I have a newfound respect.
iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 08:48 PM

Holy sh*t.

I really just want to punch every single one of those girls in the face.

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 13, 2008, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Holy sh*t.

And you don’t find that every bit as shallow and judgmental as you claim some of the guys in this thread are?

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 13, 2008, 09:09 PM

Holy sh*t.

Hmmm. Are you drinking again?
ice

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 13, 2008, 09:17 PM

pics 1, 3, 7, and 9 are the same girl. She LOVES dancing and is a graphic designer by trade. Great friend, likes the camera.

pics 2, 10, 11, 12, 13 are a couple of friends who are super fun and love the camera, love going out and having a super good time. They test my mettle in my older age.

Bachelorette pic, a long-time friend was about to get married. Good people.

Umm, the three girls with me and i'm looking drunk with the hat on, they're cool too, PA girls. The middle girl in the blue is an awesome chick, good friend.

I'm thinking the only one worth hitting(as shif suggests), and that's only sometimes, is the girl with the exposed panties. But she's possibly the most fun.
ice

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
And you don’t find that every bit as shallow and judgmental as you claim some of the guys in this thread are?
Maybe, but overly made up women dressed like hookers annoy the bejeebus out of me. I'm just not a fan of girls who dress and behave as sluts, even if they aren't actually slutty. Call me crazy, but if you're not a ho, you shouldn't dress like one.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 09:41 PM

Holy sh*t.

sdilley's girls or Icey's girls? And why?

Do you find something wrong with them or their behavior in these photos? And if you do, what is it that you find wrong or bothersome?

Other than the one woman flashing her knickers for the camera, I don't see anything inappropriate. What do you see that has you so hot and bothered?

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2008, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
Why hello there!

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [♬] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

sdilley14
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2008, 09:43 PM

Whoop that trick!
iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by dcmacdaddy View Post
sdilley's girls or Icey's girls? And why?

Do you find something wrong with them or their behavior in these photos? And if you do, what is it that you find wrong or bothersome?

Other than the one woman flashing her knickers for the camera, I don't see anything inappropriate. What do you see that has you so hot and bothered?
It's just this whole trend in women my age. Fake tans, pounds of makeup, making out with each other to get free drinks, humping on the dance floor, $400 purses and $200 jeans, hours spent on their hair and faces...it's just pathetic.

I can't stand women like that, mostly because they make life extremely difficult for those of us who don't rely on three layers of foundation and half a tube of mascara to attract men. When a guy can get a girl who looks like a Playboy centerfold, he's not even going to notice someone like me.

I'm sure I could be like that - spending thousands of dollars a year on makeup and expensive haircuts and designer clothes. But at the end of the day, I'd rather that a guy be attracted to me for who I naturally am, not what I look like after spending two hours primping in the bathroom so I look like a plastic Barbie doll.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2008, 09:45 PM

Maybe, but overly made up women dressed like hookers annoy the bejeebus out of me. I'm just not a fan of girls who dress and behave as sluts, even if they aren't actually slutty. Call me crazy, but if you're not a ho, you shouldn't dress like one.
Dressed as hos? You need a fashion update, those are all pretty classy dressed if you ask me.

Jealous much?

Oisín
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 13, 2008, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - -
ho's
Whose?

sdilley14
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2008, 09:46 PM

I'm sure I could be like that - spending thousands of dollars a year on makeup and expensive haircuts and designer clothes. But at the end of the day, I'd rather that a guy be attracted to me for who I naturally am, not what I look like after spending two hours primping in the bathroom so I look like a plastic Barbie doll.
I can respect that.
iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2008, 09:47 PM

I see no fake tan or skanky makeup in those photos (although I'm not a fan of the sorority girl look of the three girls in #4), and I can spot a skank from across a dancefloor with tequila-goggles on.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 09:54 PM

It's just this whole trend in women my age. Fake tans, pounds of makeup, making out with each other to get free drinks, humping on the dance floor, $400 purses and $200 jeans, hours spent on their hair and faces...it's just pathetic.

I can't stand women like that, mostly because they make life extremely difficult for those of us who don't rely on three layers of foundation and half a tube of mascara to attract men. When a guy can get a girl who looks like a Playboy centerfold, he's not even going to notice someone like me.

OK. This sorta makes sense. But I think you are missing one key element here: A guy that wants "a girl who looks like a Playboy centerfold" is likely to never be interesting to you. You've made it clear you want a guy who is beyond superficial looks, so the kind of guys who want the playboy centerfold-looking women won't be appealing to you in the first place. So, why all the harshness?

Of course, this has nothing to do with the highly judgmental criticism you leveled at Icey's friends. Just as you are worried about men only looking for women based on looks, here you are forming opinions of other women based solely on their looks. Doesn't that strike you as just a bit . . . contradictory? Maybe you ought to think about giving Icey an apology for being so harsh on his friends.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
I see no fake tan or skanky makeup in those photos (although I'm not a fan of the sorority girl look of the three girls in #4), and I can spot a skank from across a dancefloor with tequila-goggles on.
is that how you met your current gf?

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
No good having more girls around than you have hands.

I prefer to be behind the lens, but:

Feel my pimp cane.
respect.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 10:17 PM

I'd say there's just as many guys looking for the "plain" girls as there are the "dressed up" ones. Most of the hottest girls I've ever known were on the plain side.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 10:17 PM

OK. This sorta makes sense. But I think you are missing one key element here: A guy that wants "a girl who looks like a Playboy centerfold" is likely to never be interesting to you. You've made it clear you want a guy who is beyond superficial looks, so the kind of guys who want the playboy centerfold-looking women won't be appealing to you in the first place. So, why all the harshness?
An excellent point. So I'm basically resigned to dating the stereotypical fat geek, since attractive guys are attracted to Barbie dolls.

Snap.

I do know what you mean...I'm not all that interested in guys who just want to date plastic, but it would be nice if guys could occasionally look past the plastic to people like me, who are very un-plastic yet still have redeeming attributes (at least, I'd like to think so).

Of course, this has nothing to do with the highly judgmental criticism you leveled at Icey's friends. Just as you are worried about men only looking for women based on looks, here you are forming opinions of other women based solely on their looks. Doesn't that strike you as just a bit . . . contradictory? Maybe you ought to think about giving Icey an apology for being so harsh on his friends.
Sorry...girls who look, dress, and/or act like that just rub me the wrong way.

Plus, it's even worse if they look like that and are intellectually stimulating. Chicks like that make it flat-out impossible for people like me.

Railroader
Banned
Nov 13, 2008, 10:21 PM

Maybe you ought to think about giving Icey an apology for being so harsh on his friends.
Considering the source, I HIGHLY doubt Ice is insulted.

Railroader
Banned
Nov 13, 2008, 10:22 PM

Where are you seeing hookers? The ones I see on the street are dressed in dirty stained sweat pants, non-matching hoodies, and zero make up.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 13, 2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
is that how you met your current gf?
Aw snap!

That's how avoided the skanks and got with my current girlfriend.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Where are you seeing hookers? The ones I see on the street are dressed in dirty stained sweat pants, non-matching hoodies, and zero make up.
Ah. One of the finest from the Michigan Ave & Wyoming area.

sdilley14
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2008, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Aw snap!

That's how avoided the skanks and got with my current girlfriend.
Respect.
iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Black
8gb iPod Nano

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Nov 13, 2008, 10:38 PM

I never have liked makeup on anybody. That girl exposing her panties looks pretty I guess, but that blue crap on her eyes has to go.

Why blue anyway? Why don't girls go with a variety of colors, like maybe orange, green, or an assortment of colors? Why on their eyelids? Why not put a little color on your forehead?

Cold Warrior
Nov 13, 2008, 10:40 PM

Some of you have obviously been hoarding your personal stash of Hot Babes pictures.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 10:43 PM

Blue or brown are all that really work. Yellow and orange tend to make a girl look a little jaundiced, and green is usually too strong.

Violet works all right, if it's not too heavy.

What's really interesting is that makeup has its roots in trying to make a woman looked turned on when she's not. By darkening your eyes with mascara, eyeliner, and color, you give the appearance of dilated pupils. Lipstick and blush add color to your face - a girl's lips and cheeks flush when she's horny.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 13, 2008, 10:45 PM

An excellent point. So I'm basically resigned to dating the stereotypical fat geek, since attractive guys are attracted to Barbie dolls.

I do know what you mean...I'm not all that interested in guys who just want to date plastic, but it would be nice if guys could occasionally look past the plastic to people like me, who are very un-plastic yet still have redeeming attributes (at least, I'd like to think so).
Geez, even more stereotypes. So, in your world there are no good-looking guys who are interested in normal good-looking women like yourself? Thus leaving you to date "the stereotypical fat geek"? Nice.

You know what would be a great "redeeming attribute" for you? Self confidence.

You're pretty, geeky, seem interesting and smart but NO guy (hot or ugly) will care about those qualities in you if you don't care about them in yourself. If you want to have hot guys attracted to you, be worthy of attraction. Right now, I don't see much of that on your part. I see self pity and derision towards others. Be the kind of person who doesn't care what others think of them--and who doesn't spend all their time worrying about others--and you will be the person who can attract great men (hot, normal, or otherwise).

Forum Links
Forum Rules