Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Narrow Men's Dress Shoes

Narrow Men's Dress Shoes
MacinTommy
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2012, 10:40 AM

I found a good deal on Amazon for some dress shoes. Found them in my size but they are narrow fit. How wide is a narrow dress shoe? I usually just buy standard. The deal is $55 normally $135 and they are penny loafers.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Sep 13, 2012, 12:01 PM

Shoe width is a bit of a lottery. I have pretty wide feet so I tend to buy a size or two bigger than I need. I can usually squeeze into the right size but they burst at the seems in fairly short order when I do that. If you have wide feet, go a size bigger than usual, if not you should be fine I guess.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 13, 2012, 12:12 PM

The standard width for a man's dress shoe is size D. Unless you have really skinny feet you will probably never buy anything narrower than that. A lot of stores don't even keep the narrower sizes in stock and reserve that for custom orders. So be careful before pulling the trigger.

OAW

MacinTommy  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
The standard width for a man's dress shoe is size D. Unless you have really skinny feet you will probably never buy anything narrower than that. A lot of stores don't even keep the narrower sizes in stock and reserve that for custom orders. So be careful before pulling the trigger.
OAW
Interesting info. I think I'll stay away... I mean what you said is the reason these must be highly discounted.

Forum Links
Forum Rules