Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Hey Gorgonzola! Where are you?

Hey Gorgonzola! Where are you?
-Q-
Jul 18, 2001, 05:05 PM

Haven't been able to track you or Misc down to fetch my Macworld t-shirt? Drop me an e-mail so we can meet!

Thx!

Q

PowerBookDude
Jul 18, 2001, 06:52 PM

I met with Misc three times today. But he couldn't get the shirts from Gzl.

Misc is cool btw.

TheJoshu
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2001, 07:12 PM

I didn't see any MacNN people today. ::shrug::

It'd be nice if we can solidify a time and place, just so I can make sure I get a shirt tomorrow, instead of chancing it (in vain) like today.

Speaking of which. Any of you people AtAT fans? I didn't see Jack Miller at the Internet Caf� at 2:30.... sigh. No shirts today! And I expected two.

Korv
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 18, 2001, 07:27 PM

Man I looked around allllll day for anything or anyone MacNN, but saw nothing and no one. Bummed. Would like to meet someof y'all. Maybe at MWSF.

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Jul 18, 2001, 08:39 PM

Yeah, sorry about that, guys. We were at the keynote in the press section and then we moved to the press room way downstairs, which is where we do most work. I have the shirts, I'll bring them down with me tomorrow and keep them in that room. Someone from MacNN will almost always be in that press room, so if you stop by there at some point during the day you should be able to pick up your shirt (assuming you ordered it before, obviously).

This is the "Press Working Room" or whatever, not the Press Lounge or the Press Conference Room.

Stop by and pick 'em up -- I know -Q- has one because it has his name on it.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

misc
Jul 18, 2001, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by PowerBookDude:
<STRONG>I met with Misc three times today. But he couldn't get the shirts from Gzl.

Misc is cool btw.</STRONG>
Hehe, I was in the Press Work Room two times and I *SAW* Monish, but the person at the desk said that there was no MacNN people in there. What a bunch of dunkey crap. PBD, your parents were suprisingly nice. Anyway, I'm back at home now, so everyone else have a fun time at MWNY. Guys, check out the Maya booth, they do some nice work!

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

mr. natural
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2001, 11:29 PM

hey, gorgonzola:

ain't the following: "For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate." from Camus?

Do i win a prize or something?

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

saltines17
Senior User
Jul 19, 2001, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by TheJoshu:
<STRONG>Speaking of which. Any of you people AtAT fans? I didn't see Jack Miller at the Internet Caf� at 2:30.... sigh. No shirts today! And I expected two.</STRONG>
Yeah!! Where were they?? I want a T-shirt!!
And I'm not going today or tomorrow to the expo so

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2001, 10:04 AM

(being typed from a PowerBook G4 in the Apple booth)

Hey guys! I haven't seen a MacNN person here at all. I'm wearing a white shirt with MacNN logos on it. If you see me, give me a hollar. I'll stop by the press booth or whatever and see if I can see anyone there. Meanwhile, I'm going to hang around the Apple booth for a little while longer. Come meet me here!
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2001, 10:07 AM

Actually, I'm going to take some decisive action here: I'm going to hang arounnd the Apple booth for another hour (until 11:00). Meet me here, for anyone who gets this message.
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Jul 19, 2001, 11:42 AM

Originally posted by mr. natural:
<STRONG>hey, gorgonzola:

ain't the following: "For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate." from Camus?

Do i win a prize or something? </STRONG>
Yes.
No.

"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

misc
Jul 19, 2001, 11:59 AM

Originally posted by gorgonzola:
<STRONG>

Yes.
No.

</STRONG>
Get back to work, Puma!

-Q-, you never emailed me back about the CD's! If you have any please give them to Gorgy. He has to send me my shirt and he will put the CD's in the package.

Its a shame I couldn't meet you, -Q-, TheJoshu, Puma, Monish, Typoon, Cube-Dude, Lauren, or Ben...

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2001, 12:10 PM

Hey guys. I would like to share with you a conversation I just had regarding my home-made MacNN t-shirt.

&lt;guy next to me&gt; Hey, nice shirt.
&lt;me&gt; Oh, thanks. So... do you, go to MacNN?
&lt;guy&gt; I own MacNN.
&lt;me&gt; Uh......
&lt;guy&gt; I'm Monish.

It was pretty scary. Anyway, I recorded a video on one of the Power Macs, and I tried to post it on my iDisk, but it wouldn't let me for some reason. If you're in the neighborhood, head over to the Apple booth and watch it. It's on the Power Mac third from the right in the row that's closest to the center of the room. It should be on the desktop, unless someone deleted it. I'm gonna hang out here a little while longer. I have to leave in about half an hour.
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

misc
Jul 19, 2001, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by Fyre4ce:
<STRONG>Hey guys. I would like to share with you a conversation I just had regarding my home-made MacNN t-shirt.

&lt;guy next to me&gt; Hey, nice shirt.
&lt;me&gt; Oh, thanks. So... do you, go to MacNN?
&lt;guy&gt; I own MacNN.
&lt;me&gt; Uh......
&lt;guy&gt; I'm Monish.
</STRONG>
Thats really cool, I *saw* monish yesterday. Stupid secretary... Btw, was he wearing his MacNN shirt?

cube-dude
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 19, 2001, 03:00 PM

gzl and Ben - great to meet you guys this morning! Lauren sends her regards.

MP 2 x 2.8 and etc.

TheJoshu
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2001, 03:34 PM

Got the MacNN t-shirt. Almost took Misc's. He's lucky I didn't walk away with it. I noticed before I took the escalator up. So now I have one that isn't customized.

-Q-  (op)
Jul 19, 2001, 05:31 PM

Got the shirt and met the guys this afternoon!

Had my picture request politely refused. So Monish will continue to remain the mysterious man behind MacNN....

Q

TheJoshu
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2001, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by TheJoshu:
<STRONG>Got the MacNN t-shirt. Almost took Misc's. He's lucky I didn't walk away with it. I noticed before I took the escalator up. So now I have one that isn't customized. </STRONG>
OK, that was written from a PowerBook G4, in the thirty seconds while I was chatting with the Apple guy - solely so he wouldn't kick me off before I sent it.

I didn't notice until later, when getting my AtAT shirt, that it is indeed customized and "TheJoshu" is on one of the sleeves. How nice!

Fyre4ce
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2001, 09:37 PM

No, Monish wasn't wearing his MacNN shirt. But he got pictures of me in mine! Maybe I can get them from him sometime. BTW, did anyone see the video I made?
Fyre4ce

Let it burn.

Avenir
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2001, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by misc:
<STRONG> or Ben... </STRONG>
WHAT! THERE IS ANOTHER BEN ON THIS BOARD!

NOOOOOOO! Who is this "Ben"? I must now slay my rival...

spike[at]avenirex[dot]com | Avenirex
IM - Avenirx | ICQ - 3932806

misc
Jul 20, 2001, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by Avenir:
<STRONG>

WHAT! THERE IS ANOTHER BEN ON THIS BOARD!

NOOOOOOO! Who is this "Ben"? I must now slay my rival...

</STRONG>
No don't slay Ben, he does 1/4 of the news articles on MacNN. Ben is a senior editor!

Forum Links
Forum Rules