Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > The Death Of The Political Lounge?

The Death Of The Political Lounge? (Page 2)
abe
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2007, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Randman View Post
The PL should have been renamed "red-hot topics sure to enflame, infuriate and enrage with no discernible results save for frustration at the idiocy of any and all posters who did not agree with me on any particular subject even if I later disagreed with my own tenant but kept on to bear bait others into engaging in similarly antagonizing yet useless replies".

But that's me.
Howdy!
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2007, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
Hey BlueSky!
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2007, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Ah, all the regular whining dick-heads.

dick-head - Wiktionary
Wassup, AR?

abe
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2007, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
No need to panic... ...it's just Bessie reminding us of how inane and pointless he is.
Hey Uncle Doofy!

abe
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2007, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Read the whole thing first. He wasn't insinuating anything. The point was to report it if there is a problem. Don't post "Wrong forum" even if it is, it's not your responsibility, so quit being an armchair mod.
Howya doin, Rumor?

Demonhood
Administrator
Jun 21, 2007, 01:10 AM

enough abe. unless you'd enjoy losing this account as well.

abe
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2007, 01:12 AM

And to the rest who I may have missed, Hello! Good to see you all.

abe
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2007, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Demonhood View Post
enough abe. unless you'd enjoy losing this account as well.
Sorry. Didn't mean to offend.

Rumor
Jun 21, 2007, 04:33 AM

Let him have his PL privy back. It's been pretty boring lately.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Jun 21, 2007, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
Kevin, I would just ignore Besson, it's what I've been doing for something like a year or two. He brings to mind someone who intentionally tries to manipulate members out of boredom, but is too stupid to do so compellingly.
Kerrigan, I ignore his baits of me for the most part. But I will, and usually do take of for those he goes after that usually don't take up for themselves.

besson loves to play the victim/mentor game while being hurtful/condescending at the same time. The chicken/net emoticon is just an example of the latter.

He is a classic example of someone that loves to dish it out, and sees such actions as valid, but can't take it back.

He can see many faults in others, but little of his own.

I was like this too above (the last part) for a long time. I started learning to just accept faults of others. I found I usually got mad at other people doing things I hated when I did.

So I attempt to distance myself from such actions. We are not perfect, we are going to flub up.

besson just thinks a lot about himself. He wants to be the "asshole" while still being liked.
( Last edited by Kevin; Jun 21, 2007 at 08:27 AM. )

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Jun 21, 2007, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
That is an excellent idea. Kevin should just ignore me, thanks for encouraging him to do so!
I attempted to make a deal with you long ago, which still stands BTW, that if you stop belittling people, that I would stop responding to your posts etc.

Why wouldn't ANYONE take that offer up? You till to this day ignore it as I never put it on the table.

So what that tells me is, you want to act like a jerk more than you want me to stop responding to you.

You want to not be responsible for your actions. Actually I could stop now and you'd still be getting it from other people. It's just not me anymore that is annoyed of the shenanigans.

And it's not that we are uptight, or thin skinned. We ALL like a good joke. Most people here are thick skinned or they'd not longer be here. You just have a tendency to make your jokes around belittling other people. In an attempt to make them look less than you? I don't know if it's a self defense mechanism or what. But you don't seem to/want to stop for whatever reason.

If it's a problem at home/work you are having, and feel this place is a place you take out your aggressions why not try to talk to us about it instead? If that isn't the case all I am saying is besson, we don't HATE you. We just wish you'd be little less hateful towards other people and a bit less pretentiously condescending.

Why you may ask? Because it's the Right thing to Do®

No matter what you believe in.

The purposely posting in the wrong forum to be a "rebel" act is on big deal. I could even look over it. But the hatefulness has to go.

Now if you don't know that your "jokes" and "humor" is being mean/hurtful and you don't think you are doing anything wrong, then thats a whole nother can of worms that this forum can't help you with.
( Last edited by Kevin; Jun 21, 2007 at 08:35 AM. )

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2007, 09:05 AM

...and a new chapter begins.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 21, 2007, 09:11 AM

Dakar3: are you Dr. Phil? Seriously, I've always suspected that you were...

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Jun 21, 2007, 11:59 AM

Kevin, you're hilarious.

Kevin  (op)
Baninated
Jun 21, 2007, 12:48 PM

no u r

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 21, 2007, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
Kevin, you're hilarious.
Hilarious, and a protector of my belittling to boot! You should be thankful, because I know that you've always had great difficulty dealing with my heinous and Godless belittling yourself, so now you have somebody to do this work for you!

Maybe Kevin will offer to wipe your ass for you next, that would be some pretty sweet service! Kevin, always looking out for his fellow man. What a patriot!

- Belittingly yours,
besson3c

P.S. Is this post more sarcastic or belittling? I'm so confused I can't even tell the difference anymore... Please help me find my way, Bluesky, so that I can make the transition from belittling to sarcastic so I can be like the others and finally fit in. I feel so alone... hold me...

Demonhood
Administrator
Jun 21, 2007, 02:18 PM

take your little back and forth to private messages.

OreoCookie
Jun 21, 2007, 03:29 PM

Please continue your banter via pm. Otherwise this thread will be closed.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules