Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2009, 12:22 PM

I picked up Uncharted 2 last week and I have to say that I'm loving it. I played the demo of the first game and something about didn't hook me and I didn't bother buying it.
I'm around two thirds of the way through.

I haven't tried any multiplayer.

Is anyone playing or has played through this? Is it better than the first game? Worth me picking up the first game after I'm finished with this one?

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2009, 04:04 PM

Both are worth it. By far the series is my favorite this generation on all platforms. If you like the second one you will like the first one no doubt. Yes, I think this one is better than the first, however I loved the first and still do. I would suggest them both especially since the first is a greatest hits now. The first one is worth it as the demo is a bad judgement call of the entire game. The story and experience you don't get in the demo and that is the major appeal to the game.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2009, 08:08 PM

Mine has been delayed from Toys R Us (bought it as part of the buy 2 get 1 free deal). Giving me time to play Batman, though.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

raf66
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 20, 2009, 10:41 AM

mdc, I rented it for my son and I and have to say that it's by far the nicest looking game I've ever seen. I'm also very impressed with the story line and how the cut scenes are intertwined with the actual gameplay. It's a definite must- buy for me. I'll have to ask the wife to get it for me for Christmas.
( Last edited by raf66; Oct 20, 2009 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling)
20" Aluminum iMac with Snow Leopard, 2.66 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB internal HD with Verbatim 320 GB External HD with firewire; 8 GB iPod touch

downinflames68
Baninated
Nov 2, 2009, 02:58 PM

I had the demo of the first one, and didn't bite either. Then Uncharted 2 came out, which looked cool, and I noticed in the reviews all the reviewers saying how great the first one was. Then I read the reviews for teh first game, and was like woah I should try that. I picked it up for $20 on CL. It's totally awesome.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 3, 2009, 11:52 AM

I bought it, but I have yet to start playing (even on multiplayer). I'm trying to finish Infamous first.

mdc  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 4, 2009, 12:04 PM

I've been really busy with work lately so I haven't had the chance to finish this yet. I'm around 80% of the way though the game and keep meaning to pick it up. Still enjoying it.

Brien
Professional Poster
Nov 5, 2009, 01:41 AM

My only complaint is that these new boxes don't match the old ones.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2009, 12:54 AM

I couldn't finish Infamous first. I popped it in at home and played about six multiplayer games and an hour or so into single player before finally going to bed. I'm loving it so far...

Arty50
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2009, 07:07 PM

I finished it last night. Absolutely incredible game. They puts tons of effort into it and it shows. The controls were top notch, awesome graphics, excellent storyline, and just all around greatness. Seriously, it's the best game I've ever played. I actually pulled a 12 hour marathon the first night I played it and it felt like I had only been playing for a few hours. It sucked me in that well.

I'm also mildly afraid of heights and found myself being scared at several points in the game. I never get that into movies, games, etc. and yet I was actually a bit spooked a few times in this one due to the expansive chasm below me. Top notch stuff.
"My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world:
those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

-Clint in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

Forum Links
Forum Rules