Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Stream and Sync Apple TV

Stream and Sync Apple TV
mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 27, 2007, 04:34 PM

I don't like having to go to Sources and then select my PowerBook to view stuff that isn't on the Apple TV anymore.
I have more than 40gb worth of music, podcasts, and movies so all of it can't be synced. I have all of my music synced, unwatched podcasts, unwatched movies, and a few photo albums.

Sometimes I want to rewatch a movie or a podcast but it isn't on the Apple TV anymore so I have to go to sources and select my PowerBook and remember to set it back to Apple TV when I'm finished.

I know it's not a big deal, but for some reason I had this idea in my head that everything available to the Apple TV would show up and then stuff that had to be streamed would stream and everything else would load from the Apple TV's harddrive.

Am I missing something? Is that how it is supposed to be?
I think it would be neat to have a little ---> icon or something indicating that said track is about to be streamed.

ph0ust
Senior User
Apr 4, 2007, 12:08 PM

i am wondering this exact same thing. brought mine home last night and noticed that it doesn't just give you the ability to play/view what is on your mac. am i missing something or do you have to either stream OR sync, but not both? i have about 38gb of music and more photos. i want to listen to music while my photos are in the background.... which is easy enough and is what they advertise. did they neglect to mention that if it doesn't all fit on the 40gb (really about 33gb) hdd you are screwed?!?!?! that would seem so absurd to be implausible!

it also seems that you can't even stream photos, only music. i hope that means i can at least sync my photos and stream my music. anyone know????

Forum Links
Forum Rules