Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Wanted: Sorta Fast Tower

Wanted: Sorta Fast Tower
misc
Dec 2, 2001, 03:40 PM

Heya all,

Welp, my 7200/90 ain't what it used to be. So I'm looking for a sorta fast tower not over $1,200 (I can get the 533 for $1,200 from apple... new.) I also need internal and external SCSI, farely large HD, and some RAM on the sucker.

Email/IM me or post here. Whatever you wish!

Thanks.

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 3, 2001, 12:38 AM

Originally posted by misc:
<STRONG>Heya all,

Welp, my 7200/90 ain't what it used to be. So I'm looking for a sorta fast tower not over $1,200 (I can get the 533 for $1,200 from apple... new.) I also need internal and external SCSI, farely large HD, and some RAM on the sucker.

Email/IM me or post here. Whatever you wish!

Thanks.</STRONG>
Sonnet upgrade?

State surplus sale?
(I'm going to go to one of these and see what they have, rumour is they have Mac stuff and don't know that it's worth anything.)
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

kjb
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2001, 05:52 PM

Hey, I've got a G3 400 I'd be willing to part with. It's got 192 megs of ram, and two 6 gig hard drives. It has the ATI A/V card in it- video in and out. I've added an internal Sony 8x CDRW- it's the same one that shipped with the "Power to Burn" Power Mac towers. I'll include the original CDROM drive also. Original puck/keyboard. Also have a 17" B&W Studio Display that I would like to go with the tower.

I'm thinking $1000.00 for the two, but would be willing to talk about it.

As far as those surplus auctions go, they are kind of hit and miss. Good luck.

Kevin

misc  (op)
Dec 3, 2001, 07:10 PM

Here's the deal. My 7200/90 has every peripheral i need. Plus i have dual monitors for the sucker, which i'm not going to depart with. I'm really just looking for a tower with a keyboard and mouse, some HD space and ram. I do need some HD space, but all i'm going to do is move my 2 scsi drives from the 7200 onto it. I do need some storage for OSX and video/image stuff.

[Edit: Spelling....]

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: misc ]

"And after we are through, ten years in making it to be the most of glorious debuts."

Tristrami
Senior User
Dec 4, 2001, 12:07 AM

What about a G3/233? You can cheaply upgrade it by smacking in a ZIF to boost it's CPU. It's rock-solid and has 3 free PCI slots and a 30GB HD and 786 MB of RAM. Lemme know what you think. It is running OS 9. Make me an offer @ [email protected]

Forum Links
Forum Rules