Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Faxing from a Motorola T720, Verizon, 10.3, and the Motorola USB Data Cable

Faxing from a Motorola T720, Verizon, 10.3, and the Motorola USB Data Cable
cwasko
Senior User
Dec 17, 2003, 04:42 PM

I have service through Verizon on a Motorola T720. I want to send a Fax from Panther 10.3 using the T720. I have the official Motorola USB Data cable.

The manual for the T720 says that you need to install their software to Fax; however, the software does not support the Mac. I can, however, sync the T720 with iSync, etc. just fine. The manual indicates that you basically use it as a normal modem and it should just all work - without having to configure the phone. To receive a fax, you do have to set the 'Next Call' setting. I have not tried receiving a fax yet.

When I use the 'Fax' button from the Print dialog, everything seems to work. Meaning, the phone dials the Fax machine and the Fax machine picks up... but, nothing actually happens. The fax machine eventually hangs up - probably because it gets no data.

I was hoping that someone else has had this problem, and knows how to make it work. So, anyone got any suggestions?

cwasko  (op)
Senior User
Dec 18, 2003, 11:59 AM

Well, it turns out that the Fax machine I was trying to send to was broken. I tried another fax machine, and all worked well.

So, just connect the USB cable, the phone, and have a blast (and make sure the receiving end fax works)..

Forum Links
Forum Rules