Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > SETI Unknown fatal error 1

SETI Unknown fatal error 1
Sebastian
Forum Regular
Jul 18, 2004, 05:05 PM

upon finishing a unit, i get this error. if i clear the result.sah, it redownloads a new unit, then errors upon it's completion. thoughts?

mikkyo
Senior User
Jul 18, 2004, 06:01 PM

Does the client exit when you get the error?
Are you running the 3.19 Boinc client?
It has some problems that 3.20 fixes.
I found just letting the client run whenever it got errors eventually resulted in a successful upload of the work unit.
You can try quitting and restarting the client too.

cwasko
Senior User
Jul 18, 2004, 06:21 PM

I'm getting the same problem on all my computers, which are on various networks and platforms. I'm not sure what the deal is. In the past when I've got this error, it was due to a problem on the computer, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

I've looked at our Team Stats page and it seems as though everyone is having problems (at least Team MacNN) sending results. I also checked the seti page and they are reporting that the server is up and running.

Very odd indeed.

Sebastian  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 18, 2004, 06:25 PM

I'm running 3.08 on X, n ot running BOINC (haven't had time to mess with boinc, my udnerstanding is it's not a graphical interface, and i also can't quite bear with 'loosing' 3000 work units of credit 8-( )

upon attempting to send, it tries for a while, then errors. when i acknowledge the error (click button) the app quits..

FoxOne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 18, 2004, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by Sebastian:
I'm running 3.08 on X, n ot running BOINC (haven't had time to mess with boinc, my udnerstanding is it's not a graphical interface, and i also can't quite bear with 'loosing' 3000 work units of credit 8-( )

upon attempting to send, it tries for a while, then errors. when i acknowledge the error (click button) the app quits..

I'm also running 3.08 on X (iMac G4 800 & G4 Yikes) as well as on two Windows machines and all four are getting the fatal error message..and they all quit the app.....I'm hearing it is a bandwidth problem at Berkeley

Shaktai
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2004, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by FoxOne:
I'm also running 3.08 on X (iMac G4 800 & G4 Yikes) as well as on two Windows machines and all four are getting the fatal error message..and they all quit the app.....I'm hearing it is a bandwidth problem at Berkeley
Since that is the SETI Classic client and it has been stable for quite some time, it is unlikely to be a computer problem if multiple individuals are experiencing it. Almost certainly a problem on the Berkely side.

sokukodo9
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 18, 2004, 10:45 PM

I uninstalled the SETI X GUI ... reinstalled ... now I get a message that no such account exists, although I can go to the SETI web page and my account IS recognized. hmmm.

Forum Links
Forum Rules