Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I Hate People

I Hate People
Thread Tools
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 8, 2014, 06:08 PM
 


This is by no means the worst example I've experienced, but notice all these shitheads jammed right up the door, and the empty space you could stuff at least a half-dozen people right in front of me.
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 8, 2014, 06:58 PM
 
You probably smell.
     
HamSandwich
Guest
Status:
Reply With Quote
May 8, 2014, 07:03 PM
 
That's a bit rude...
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
May 8, 2014, 10:57 PM
 
The joys of public transportation...

-t
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 8, 2014, 11:15 PM
 
The thing is, I very much enjoy the train.

I can handle the piss, vomit, three card monte, panhandlers and spontaneous bible readings.

This? Drives me ****ing batshit.



Edit: three card monte is actually kinda fun, in a "watching people who need to learn this lesson learn it" sorta way.
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 8, 2014, 11:18 PM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
You probably smell.
At least that would make some frigging sense, but alas, I did not give them that out. I achieved my position by squeezing myself past these unmoving pillars of stupid.
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 12:04 AM
 
My fondest memory of public transportation are 8 year old gypsy kids with accordions, but no ability to play.

People would pay up for them to stop.

-t
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 12:13 AM
 
Let's see...

Gypsy children? Room to go up and down the aisle?

You weren't in America, were you?
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 02:11 AM
 
I'm honestly considering reprimanding people in a British accent, which I can do decently enough to fool Americans for short periods.

The point is, I need something to cover up my seething rage if I'm going to attack this problem.
     
reader50
Administrator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: California
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 03:38 AM
 
Perhaps you should use your fire in addition to foreign accents. "I hate people", mumble about how your Great Guru wants a cleansing soon, and gripe about other passengers that no one else sees. You'll get plenty of personal space on the trip.

minor negative, all the time explaining things to the nice security bruisers
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 03:55 AM
 
But if I'm doing it as a Brit, people will just think it's adorable.

I do a Lancashire thing.
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 07:09 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
But if I'm doing it as a Brit, people will just think it's adorable.

I do a Lancashire thing.


You think it's bad inside public transportation, try driving among the stupid outside. The person who speeds up and slows down contingent upon your need for their lane. No turn signals, people riding my ass and/or braking spontaneously in front of me as if they're seeing ghosts, total lack of confidence driving in rain or an inch of snow... complete confusion and indecision at 4-way intersections, fading in and out of lanes clearly marked to accommodate more than you and your 5x8 world. Old people and their annual trip around the block, two friends who happen to encounter one another along the roadway decide to stop for a conversation blocking both directions of traffic, young people and others with hyper-active social lives distracted by their phones lighting up as if queued by the turning of the ignition key...

WE'RE CIRCLING THE FUXXING DRAIN, MAN!!!
ebuddy
     
Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jul 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 07:55 AM
 
Wear a blue short sleeved shirt. Get a generic ID badge of some kind. Enter train

Announce: "Could everybody please remain calm and move away from the door."

Then: "Thank you."


Enjoy your trip!
     
osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Isle of Manhattan
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 09:07 AM
 
From a lifetime or two of riding the NYC subway system, I can certify that nothing is wrong with that picture. Looks normal to me!
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST
     
osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Isle of Manhattan
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 09:10 AM
 
Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
Wear a blue short sleeved shirt. Get a generic ID badge of some kind. Enter train

Announce: "Could everybody please remain calm and move away from the door."

Then: "Thank you."


Enjoy your trip!
Excellent idea - may I suggest a bullhorn to go with that? Or at least one of those battery powered mini amplifiers that tour guides typically wear.
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST
     
mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Standing on the shoulders of giants
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 10:14 AM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
You think it's bad inside public transportation, try driving among the stupid outside. The person who speeds up and slows down contingent upon your need for their lane. No turn signals, people riding my ass and/or braking spontaneously in front of me as if they're seeing ghosts, total lack of confidence driving in rain or an inch of snow... complete confusion and indecision at 4-way intersections, fading in and out of lanes clearly marked to accommodate more than you and your 5x8 world. Old people and their annual trip around the block, two friends who happen to encounter one another along the roadway decide to stop for a conversation blocking both directions of traffic, young people and others with hyper-active social lives distracted by their phones lighting up as if queued by the turning of the ignition key...

WE'RE CIRCLING THE FUXXING DRAIN, MAN!!!
You often drive in France?
     
Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 46 & 2
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 03:50 PM
 
Leave the big city. Fewer people = less hate.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine
     
Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Rockville, MD
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 05:32 PM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
The person who speeds up and slows down contingent upon your need for their lane.
I do that
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 08:47 PM
 
How about dark glasses, a white stick and a (mostly) tame leopard on a leash.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 08:58 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post

This is by no means the worst example I've experienced, but notice all these shitheads jammed right up the door, and the empty space you could stuff at least a half-dozen people right in front of me.
Someone is looking for love and attention. But I guess no one wants to get close to you.

Now you proclaim you hate them anyways and that they are all shitheads.

Sounds like a person crying out for help.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 9, 2014, 09:23 PM
 
Mostly crying out for help in moving these shitheads out of the way.

Who I hated just as much when I was next to them, which was something like Lewis and Clark finding passage over Mount Asshole.
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2014, 07:35 AM
 
Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
You often drive in France?
ebuddy
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2014, 07:43 AM
 
Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
I do that
YOU!

You're the reason why I play a shrewd game of pole position at stop lights. Knowing the competitive nature of my fellow drivers and that I need their lane, I won't approach the light directly parallel to them at our stop because if I do, the other driver will match my pace off the start to maintain his lane. I hang back, stealthily, in their blind spot and casually take their lane with moderate to little effort required. You deal with what you've got and in my case, it's a slow vehicle.
ebuddy
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2014, 07:48 AM
 
Originally Posted by osiris View Post
Excellent idea - may I suggest a bullhorn to go with that? Or at least one of those battery powered mini amplifiers that tour guides typically wear.
ebuddy
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2014, 07:49 AM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Leave the big city. Fewer people = less hate.
... no broadband.
ebuddy
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2014, 07:50 AM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
How about dark glasses, a white stick and a (mostly) tame leopard on a leash.
ebuddy
     
mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Standing on the shoulders of giants
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2014, 09:05 AM
 
I couldn't see subego's photo at work, but this happens EVERYWHERE that has subways. I get the feeling that we humans don't really think of consequences when we're going through our daily lives. Just picked my kids up from the in-laws and went through a small town that's before the village that I live in. While crossing the pedestrian crossing, someone stopped to finish typing their message.

My wife told me to calm down.
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2014, 09:08 AM
 
Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
I couldn't see subego's photo at work, but this happens EVERYWHERE that has subways. I get the feeling that we humans don't really think of consequences when we're going through our daily lives. Just picked my kids up from the in-laws and went through a small town that's before the village that I live in. While crossing the pedestrian crossing, someone stopped to finish typing their message.

My wife told me to calm down.


If you've ever seen the movie Falling Down, that's how others' blatant lack of consideration can make you feel at times and it's good to have a voice of reason to calm you.
ebuddy
     
mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Standing on the shoulders of giants
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2014, 09:14 AM
 
Great film. I'd love to be able to test the Anti-tank rocket solution though.
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2014, 09:30 AM
 
Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Great film. I'd love to be able to test the Anti-tank rocket solution though.


*system-mandated edit: why is a smiley face too short of a response for the message to post, but not a laughing face?
ebuddy
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2014, 09:53 AM
 
Number of characters.
     
Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 46 & 2
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2014, 09:53 AM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
... no broadband.
I have great broadband and very few neighbors.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 10, 2014, 01:55 PM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
YOU!

You're the reason why I play a shrewd game of pole position at stop lights. Knowing the competitive nature of my fellow drivers and that I need their lane, I won't approach the light directly parallel to them at our stop because if I do, the other driver will match my pace off the start to maintain his lane. I hang back, stealthily, in their blind spot and casually take their lane with moderate to little effort required. You deal with what you've got and in my case, it's a slow vehicle.
This brings up the issue of the left lane being for passing only. This drives me batshit when I'm out of the city because I'm apparently the only one aware of this.

In the city, I find the problem tolerable. Too congested not to use all lanes.
     
Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Rockville, MD
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 11, 2014, 05:04 PM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
YOU!

You're the reason why I play a shrewd game of pole position at stop lights. Knowing the competitive nature of my fellow drivers and that I need their lane, I won't approach the light directly parallel to them at our stop because if I do, the other driver will match my pace off the start to maintain his lane. I hang back, stealthily, in their blind spot and casually take their lane with moderate to little effort required.
What you're describing sound more like the actions of someone who needs to be first, than someone who needs to be in any particular lane. Did you mean to say that you need to be ahead of them, instead of that you need to be in their lane?

You deal with what you've got and in my case, it's a slow vehicle.
I don't care about winning the me-first game, but I do care about other people losing it, if those other people think it's an ok game to play on public streets. And no car is fast enough to stop me from denying them their slalom course if I'm paying attention.
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
May 11, 2014, 05:24 PM
 
Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
What you're describing sound more like the actions of someone who needs to be first, than someone who needs to be in any particular lane. Did you mean to say that you need to be ahead of them, instead of that you need to be in their lane?
I think what he's talking about makes sense ahead of two lanes merging into one after a stop light.

The falling back is a good tactic if you are evenly matched.
My car has enough torque to win most races from a stop light, but I rarely floor it to win.

-t
     
Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Rockville, MD
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 11, 2014, 07:15 PM
 
Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
I think what he's talking about makes sense ahead of two lanes merging into one after a stop light.

The falling back is a good tactic if you are evenly matched.
Falling back is so effortless that I would be greatly surprised if someone was annoyed by it enough to remember it happening. If that was their goal, of course. If their real intention was to get ahead, then it's easy to understand why they would be peeved at not being able. And also easy to understand why being in the other driver's blind spot would make any difference.

My car has enough torque to win most races from a stop light, but I rarely floor it to win.

-t
"Winning" is merely crossing the finish line first. What you don't have enough torque to do is win by a big enough margin to fit in ahead of my beater without leaving some of your fancy shiny fender on it
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 11, 2014, 10:26 PM
 
When two lanes merge into one after a stoplight, and I'm waiting there at the stoplight in the right lane, I wave at the person and do a little "will you let me merge?" doodle in the air.

Unless the person is texting, this always works.
     
turtle777
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: planning a comeback !
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
May 11, 2014, 10:50 PM
 
It's your rugged good looks.

-t
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 12, 2014, 01:15 AM
 
Doubtful. I think it's eye contact. I have a relatively nice car, so in situations where eye contact can be avoided, people are usually pricks.

When I had a Cherokee, drivers were far friendlier.

No complaints though. I can handle* rude drivers. As much as I loved my Cherokee, I much prefer the car I can drive 80 without white knuckling it.



*Except ****ers who drive in the passing lane... AUUUUUUGGGGHHH!
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 12, 2014, 07:03 AM
 
Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
What you're describing sound more like the actions of someone who needs to be first, than someone who needs to be in any particular lane. Did you mean to say that you need to be ahead of them, instead of that you need to be in their lane?

I don't care about winning the me-first game, but I do care about other people losing it, if those other people think it's an ok game to play on public streets. And no car is fast enough to stop me from denying them their slalom course if I'm paying attention.
It's not about winning a game, it's about getting from point A to point B in as little time as possible. If for example, someone has been driving consistently slow, there really should be nothing offensive about making a move to pass them. After all, we don't all travel at the exact same rate of speed -- even on public streets. It is their competitive nature that would stimulate them at the notion that I would pass them as in; the person who speeds up and slows down contingent upon your need for their lane. I have no interest to fall-in behind someone who had been traveling consistently slower than the allotted speeds, but I don't have to. I can pass the consistently slow ones without issue for me or them. And by hanging back a little at the stop light, I'm just unassuming enough to not stimulate the ones with the bizarre attitude that they somehow own a lane of public street.

These might be the same people who, knowing you'd like their parking spot at the grocery store, will put their car into reverse and sit there without moving.
ebuddy
     
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: midwest
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 12, 2014, 07:20 AM
 
Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
Falling back is so effortless that I would be greatly surprised if someone was annoyed by it enough to remember it happening. If that was their goal, of course. If their real intention was to get ahead, then it's easy to understand why they would be peeved at not being able. And also easy to understand why being in the other driver's blind spot would make any difference.

"Winning" is merely crossing the finish line first. What you don't have enough torque to do is win by a big enough margin to fit in ahead of my beater without leaving some of your fancy shiny fender on it
For some, falling back is not effortless, it is somehow an admission of defeat that would have them risk beater, life, and limb to ensure the other guy didn't get the lane.
ebuddy
     
mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Standing on the shoulders of giants
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 12, 2014, 07:39 AM
 
I work in an area that contains some of the best and brightest engineers (aerospace, satellites etc). It never ceases to amaze me that these bright people drive like twats on the motorways to get to work. I trust these people to design, build and maintain huge things that often go over my house, but I don't trust them for 2 seconds on the 45 minute drive to work. How can such smart people be so dumb in terms of road safety?

BTW, while I do have my moments of being 'one of the twats', its very occasional. I'm usually in the slow lane, and my gas mileage indicates that I'm pretty calm with the accelerator (36mpg).
     
subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 12, 2014, 08:11 AM
 
Do they text?
     
Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Rockville, MD
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 12, 2014, 10:34 AM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
It's not about winning a game, it's about getting from point A to point B in as little time as possible. If for example, someone has been driving consistently slow, there really should be nothing offensive about making a move to pass them.
Is the other contestant waiting behind still more vehicles, or are they driving slow in the face of empty pavement? Around here it is always the former, never the latter. In that case, "getting to point B faster" is a game, because your gain means my loss. I feel no obligation to enable you to nudge me backward so you can nudge yourself forward, and then immediately jump on your brakes because you've exceeded the speed of traffic flow in order to push me back.

If the speeder (and don't tell me you're not exceeding the posted speed limit when you engage in this behavior) is going to immediately recede into the distance, I don't mind letting them pass. It's when they're going to be waiting in the same queue that I'm waiting in that I go out of my way to undermine their motivation for treating my transportation like it's their video game.

After all, we don't all travel at the exact same rate of speed -- even on public streets.
Do you believe that there are speeds others would opt to travel at that you don't think are appropriate?

...the ones with the bizarre attitude that they somehow own a lane of public street.
I don't see how your claim of ownership to that street is any more innocuous than theirs

These might be the same people who, knowing you'd like their parking spot at the grocery store, will put their car into reverse and sit there without moving.
I've never seen this*. You do seem to incur a certain amount of ill will on the roads, don't you?
j/k

*Of course, I don't play the closest-spot game in the parking lot either. Why wait for a spot to clear when you could be parked (farther away) and have walked back in the same time? The parking lot game reminds me of a gambler's high; the fact that there was a chance of "losing" makes "winning" more rewarding. It's not because walking an extra 50 paces is such a burden.
     
Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Rockville, MD
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 12, 2014, 10:42 AM
 
Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
It never ceases to amaze me that these bright people drive like twats on the motorways to get to work.
Um, they wouldn't seem as bright in their careers if they made a habit of wasting mental resources on something as humdrum as driving, would they?
     
Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Rockville, MD
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 12, 2014, 10:45 AM
 
Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
For some, falling back is not effortless, it is somehow an admission of defeat that would have them risk beater, life, and limb to ensure the other guy didn't get the lane.
You're ascribing a motivation to their actions that might not be accurate. Maybe they don't approve of your aggressive driving, and when they have an opportunity to deprive you of the rewards that fuel your bad behavior, they take advantage of that. Letting aggressive drivers win their game by "getting to point B faster" is a moral hazard.
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 12, 2014, 11:17 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
I have a relatively nice car,
This one? BMW X-something?
     
Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 46 & 2
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 12, 2014, 01:26 PM
 
Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
I don't care about winning the me-first game, but I do care about other people losing it, if those other people think it's an ok game to play on public streets. And no car is fast enough to stop me from denying them their slalom course if I'm paying attention.
Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
You're ascribing a motivation to their actions that might not be accurate. Maybe they don't approve of your aggressive driving, and when they have an opportunity to deprive you of the rewards that fuel your bad behavior, they take advantage of that. Letting aggressive drivers win their game by "getting to point B faster" is a moral hazard.
They'll ticket you for "obstructing the flow of traffic" and possibly "drag racing" (which is the same as Reckless Driving) if you try that around here, I've seen it. Just sayin'. Don't purposely block other motorists out of some misguided attempt to enforce the law, you only endanger them and everyone else around you, including yourself. Two wrongs not making a right, and all that stuff. If your beater hits my Pagani in the back and you're driving that way (I have cameras) your insurance company will NOT be happy with you.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine
     
Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Rockville, MD
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 12, 2014, 02:26 PM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
I've seen it. Just sayin'.
What exactly did you see?

Two wrongs not making a right, and all that stuff.
Closer to what's good for the goose is good for the gander
     
mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Standing on the shoulders of giants
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
May 12, 2014, 02:49 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Do they text?
Yup. Speed limit is 90kmh (55 mph), this is not a motorway/freeway. Its a ring road around the city. Motorway limits are 130kmh. Passing only legally allowed on the left, but you know, its France.

Also : make-up, reading a paper in left hand while changing gears with right hand, food and beverages, writing on something and slapping a child in seat behind the driver, while in left hand lane.

Of course its pretty standard for people to start from the left hand lane and cross the 2 other lanes to exit. A few taps on the brakes to give other less important drivers minor heart-attacks adds a bit of extra excitement.

In Marseille they drive on the sidewalks, and not just bikes and scooters.
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,