Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Who's Your Favorite Gay Man & Lesbian?

Who's Your Favorite Gay Man & Lesbian? (Page 3)
abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2007, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
O'Rly ?

And why did you ask about favorite gays, instead of ANY of the other things ?

You're not helping your case. And you can't fake genuine interest.

-t
What is so interesting about my threads or thought processes that so many times I'm asked to explain what I was thinking when I conceived it? It's not like John Lennon or Paul McCartney hiding secret messages...wait. Maybe that's exactly what it is. You have come to think that because I did it a few times that this is what I ALWAYS do?

Not true.

Sometimes a kiss is just a kiss.

And in this instance I was watching the Ellen Degeneres show and I was thinking to myself how much I like her. My next thought was that I'd do her if I had the chance, even though she's a lesbian. Then I wondered if there were any other gay people I liked that much. And then I thought I'd pose the question here.

Who's Your Favorite Gay Man & Lesbian?

George Michael because he can flat out sing!

Steve Wozniak because if Jobs was Apple's daddy Woz was Apple's mommy.

Ellen Degeneres is my favorite lesbian. She is really funny and really smart and has a good heart.

Jodie Foster would be #2. Sexy and smart and talented.

Who are your picks and WHY?
Nothing more. Nothing less.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2007, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy View Post
That's easy. The answer to all of those questions except "metrosexual" and "record company owner" is "Doofy".

I swear that as I was choosing the attributes to list I did not have you in mind but then as I got to the occupation part I DID think that the list DID somewhat describe you!

However, I veered and grasped for Sir Richard rather than Sir Doofy because I didn't want to draw any undue association to you regarding my position on this matter.

America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2007, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
I guess so. Maybe your more tuned into "abe" than me.

-t
But I must say you're trying.

Kudos to those who catch the double entendre.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2007, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Oisín View Post
Being named royalty is always nice, but I’m not sure I’d much like to be representative of this particular bunch.

I’m not saying there aren’t people (straight or gay) who wouldn’t be offended by it. There are people from any group who are more easily offended than others. But to me, personally, it didn’t seem homophobic. I got the inference, I got the joke, and I got that it was a joke, using the word ‘gay’ sarcastically in order to claim that the thread topic/title was the homophobic part (which I don’t think it necessarily is, but it can be construed as such quite easily).

I’m fairly used to ‘gay’ being used as a generic term for ‘sucky’, though, and I’m not really offended by it, no more than a vacuum cleaner should be offended by hearing people saying that something ‘sucks’. It’s a very odd development of a word that once meant only ‘jolly’, to be sure; but that’s beside the point. It bothers me just a little bit when I hear people using ‘gay’ pejoratively in what we might call an ‘earnest’ way, though not to the point of actual offence.

However, a lot of times when I hear someone saying, “That’s so gay!”, they’re actually joking with it, using it to the exact opposite effect (like turtle here), in order to make fun of someone else that, in their opinion, might well use it ‘earnestly’. And I really can’t be bothered by that, since these people are actually agreeing with me in the message they’re intending to send.
Points well taken and I admit I hoped you'd expound as you did because I enjoy reading your thoughtful stuff as long as it's not too esoteric and as long as I have some general interest in the matter, and if it's about me or something I've said and if it's not too gay. Intended. Now let's watch for a deluge of "Gays" being used casually around here the same way that lots of white kids began saying "******" in the 1970's because they'd listened to the Pryor album, "That ******'s Crazy" and they thought the title conferred upon them a special dispensation of sorts.

As for my charge of homophobia against turtle, it was (once again) an instance of his attacking me and my responding vigorously.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2007, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Why NOT ask about gays? As there is a higher than average gay population in this forum than most I am betting.

If you have to go LOOK and WONDER if something is offensive, it probably isn't.

Though some people LOOK to be offended...

I know had abe said "Who is your favorite Christian" I'd not be offended....
Bingo.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2007, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by KeriVit View Post
I concur.
Go Patriots!

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2007, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by abe View Post
Go Patriots!
I concur.

Forum Links
Forum Rules