Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Illustrator 10: shift key not constraining proportions

Illustrator 10: shift key not constraining proportions
godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2002, 05:23 PM

there are a pile of issues regarding illustrator and os 10.2.x Try downloading the latest 10.0.3 updater for illustrator rom versiontracker, that might solve the issue irc.

curtlivingston
Oct 10, 2002, 08:24 PM

i had that problem, but as i had upgraded to 10.2 only a couple of days previously, i cleaned my system out and re-installed everything again from scratch on a zeroed hard drive and everything has been fine since.

(it wasn't just illustrator for me - photoshop and indesign had the shift problem too, in that the hand would appear when i pressed shift, but would disappear as soon as i moved the mouse even a small fraction)

godzookie2k  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 11, 2002, 12:20 AM

the entire adobe publishing software line was updated in the weeks following jag, so have you updated them, and jag, yet?

chris.p
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 11, 2002, 03:55 PM

ive just lost the contrain- ilustrator 10.03 jag, etc all working fine. now (in the last few hrs, its all gone wrong. the only thing ive done is install unsanity's labelsx. ill let you know if this is the problem

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2002, 09:26 AM

I had a lot of key commands suddenly go south in Photoshop yesterday, and a log out/in straightened it out. Worked pretty hard for about four hours last night with no more problems. This has been all over the Adobe forums, too.

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

art_director
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2002, 11:30 AM

was that in os x or os 9 or classic?

bobvila
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2002, 01:10 AM

It first occured in OS X 10.2 with Illustrator 10.0.3, but since has happened sporadically. Currently, the shift key works fine. I did not have the problem in Photoshop.

godzookie2k  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2002, 07:49 AM

iirc, adobe said that for when the key modifiers go south in osx, its because the file permissions have gone screwy. There is a 'repair file permissions' under disk utility or you can boot into console mode and run a few fscks. both will fix the problem.

chris.p
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 25, 2002, 05:50 PM

why does x modify permissions on the fly? seems there are quite a few issues to do with this- the whole deal seems odd.iirc my shift/constrain went while using illustrator- (same session) why?? btw, a log out fixed my problem with it. nothing to do with labelsx, as i mentioned above.

Forum Links
Forum Rules