Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Superbowl Ads

Superbowl Ads
godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 09:08 AM

art_director
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2004, 10:12 AM

bud lite bbq -- i hate fart jokes. they belong in frats.

chevy soap -- nice new approach. i like.

frito death -- nothing new.

bud lite horny monkey -- can we PLEASE leave the monkeys out of commercials? they're over.

ibm -- ogilvy new york love to use celebrities. three years ago they used ali in a webmd spot. it tanked. this one is smarter. better. they do great work for ibm.

more to come...off to work now...

godzookie2k  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 11:46 AM

hahahah but monkeys and fart jokes are funnyyyyy!

One day, I'll make an ad with a farting talking monkey and I will make millions.

did anyone notice the linux kid is also one of the kids in the chevy commercial? ironic. The apple/pepsi ads were disappointing.

art_director
Professional Poster
Feb 2, 2004, 12:26 PM

if you can get muhammad ali farting the jaws theme with a monkey you'll make billions.

pepsi's advertising has been poor since lee garfinkle left bbdo.

KeyLimePi
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 01:18 PM

For those of us who enjoy American Chopper, the AOL ads were great. The bickering with the father/son and Mikey getting the short end of the stick might have been too much of an 'in' joke for people who aren't familiar with these folks, though.

Eric_Henao
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2004, 01:46 PM

Or did it just seem to be all about Cadillac? I swear it seemed like I saw those ads 20 times!

Sheesh.

Ones I liked (in no order):
1- There was a ford commercial that was BEFORE the game. Something about a GTO ford pace car. It was cool. Me guy. Ad with fast cars. Ugh. Good Good Good!

2-The fedex commercial. Good ending punchline. FEDEX. It's the only thing you need to know.

3-Charmin the Bear game. Good play on words with the sportcasters over talk. But that bear costume was UGLY!

4-The H&R block talking Willie doll. Okay the use of willie is old, but the ad was funny. I can't believe he let them get away with that!

5-The glass pops. Seeing those popcicles with the glass shards made my tongue hurt. Kudos to the props people.
Eric Henao - Graphic Designer
Dual 2.5 GHz G5 - 2.5 GB RAM - OS 10.3.7
and TECHNO music!!!

godzookie2k  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2004, 05:19 PM

I liked the end of the willy nelson ad where they had whats his face on the yankees contemplating trying to drop pedro.

Eric_Henao
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 3, 2004, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by godzookie2k:
I liked the end of the willy nelson ad where they had whats his face on the yankees contemplating trying to drop pedro.

That was waaaay too much of an insider joke. I didn't get that, cause I know nothing about baseball.
Eric Henao - Graphic Designer
Dual 2.5 GHz G5 - 2.5 GB RAM - OS 10.3.7
and TECHNO music!!!

godzookie2k  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 3, 2004, 01:45 PM

well its a "baseball fan" joke, I wouldn't say its "insider". It was pretty big news last year. It was pretty subtle a joke, I like that kind.

Forum Links
Forum Rules