Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Gotta Love Randy Moss

Gotta Love Randy Moss
macfantn
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2007, 11:28 PM

another great game another win for my fantasy team. Keep it up Randy!!!
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 1, 2007, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by macfantn View Post
another great game another win for my fantasy team. Keep it up Randy!!!
The Patriots will finish 19-0.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Oct 2, 2007, 12:44 AM

Randy Moss has become inhuman this year. I've never liked him or his attitude; it's a shame he's so freaking good. And to make matters worse, I am now 2-2 in my league. Guess who beat me this week? Randy, Randy, Randy...

Sometimes I wish I didn't not drink.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2007, 02:21 AM

I still have nightmares from him pretending to show his black ass at Lambeau.

-t

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2007, 02:23 AM

When he wants to play he's great. When the team is doing bad, he WILL give up on his team. That's the problem I have with him.

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 2, 2007, 06:12 AM

Randy reminded me of "Jimmy" on The Ringer during his college years. I know, I was around during that time in WV.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2007, 06:46 AM

I hope the Raiders sue him and demand the salary they paid him to be returned. It's clear he wasn't making any effort while in Oakland. The guy has talent, but he is one of the biggest dicks in history.

MacosNerd
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2007, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by wallinbl View Post
It's clear he wasn't making any effort while in Oakland.
While I agree is effort was questionable. His performance was also tied to the fact that the Raiders had absolutely no offense and quarterback to get him the ball. He can't catch what wasn't thrown to him.

While everyone is throwing him accolades and kissing up to him, I'm waiting for him to melt down. When a team wins everyone is happy. When a team loses, that shows what you're made of.

As Talented as the Patriots are, its almost impossible for them to run the board. Any team on any given weekend can win.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 2, 2007, 07:55 AM

Randy barely celebrates when getting a TD now. I think being with a team that does not tolerate jackassery is good for him.

abe
Professional Poster
Oct 5, 2007, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by exca1ibur View Post
When he wants to play he's great. When the team is doing bad, he WILL give up on his team. That's the problem I have with him.
That is SO yesterday.

Randy Moss LOVES being a Patriot because he knows if he just DOES THE BEST HE CAN DO he has a great shot at winning a ring. He has already shown he is wanting to be a team player and is not interested in making waves.

The Patriots are no-nonsense about reclamation projects. Corey Dillon was a malcontent in Cincinnati and won a Super Bowl ring with New England.

In the 2004 season, Dillon proved himself to be a mature and dedicated team player, putting to rest the negative reputation he may have acquired before arriving in New England. Moreover, Dillon had his best year with 1,635 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns, both career highs, and set a franchise record in the process. The year culminated in a third Super Bowl win for New England, in no small part because of the new running game built around Dillon. Dillon was the top rusher of Super Bowl XXXIX with 75 rushing yards and a touchdown, while also catching 3 passes for 31 yards, giving him 106 total yards. He was also a major factor in the Patriots win over the Indianapolis Colts in New England's first playoff game, rushing for 144 yards and catching 5 passes for 17 yards. Overall, Dillon rushed for a total of 292 yards, caught 9 passes for 53 yards, and scored 2 touchdowns in New England's 3 postseason games.
Corey Dillon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's now retired and turned down an offer by the Buccaneers on Oct. 1, 2007.

Randy Moss sees the future clearly. He WANTS to be a team player on the Patriots' team.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe
Professional Poster
Oct 5, 2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Randy barely celebrates when getting a TD now. I think being with a team that does not tolerate jackassery is good for him.
Great observation!
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Oct 5, 2007, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by abe View Post
That is SO yesterday.

Randy Moss LOVES being a Patriot because he knows if he just DOES THE BEST HE CAN DO he has a great shot at winning a ring. He has already shown he is wanting to be a team player and is not interested in making waves.

The Patriots are no-nonsense about reclamation projects. Corey Dillon was a malcontent in Cincinnati and won a Super Bowl ring with New England.
He is on a winning team of course he is happy. He was the same way when Minnesota was winning too. Once the team when downhill so did his effort. His talent has NEVER been in question, his heart is and will be. If New England was another team in the rebuilding stage or in the tank I bet we'd see a different player running half ass routes as he did in Oakland.

Corey Dillon was always a good player with good heart. He played his ass off and never gave up on plays because they were losing. I always liked him as a player, because he put it all on the field no matter what.
( Last edited by exca1ibur; Oct 5, 2007 at 09:54 PM. Reason: typo)

abe
Professional Poster
Oct 5, 2007, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by exca1ibur View Post
He is on a winning team of course he is happy. He was the same way when Minnesota was winning too. Once the team when downhill so did his effort. His talent has NEVER been in question, his heart is and will be. If New England was another team in the rebuilding stage or in the tank I bet we'd see a different player running half ass routes as he did in Oakland.

Corey Dillon was always a good player with good heart. He played his ass off and never gave up on plays because they were loosing. I always liked him as a player, because he put it all on the field no matter what.
I can't argue with anything you said (aside from your misspelling of the word, "losing").

But I believe Moss is a winner and now wants so much to win that he'll sukk up any misgivings he might have and will be internally motivated to apply himself on every play.

We'll see.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Oct 5, 2007, 09:54 PM

I can't argue with anything you said (aside from your misspelling of the word, "losing").

But I believe Moss is a winner and now wants so much to win that he'll sukk up any misgivings he might have and will be internally motivated to apply himself on every play.

We'll see.
Typos will get me every time, oops. My thing is now that he is on a winning team I think he will do just fine. As much as I hate the Patriots (with a passion), I give them the edge this year as the favorite.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Oct 5, 2007, 09:59 PM

Randy Moss's hot start with the Pats shows just how much talent was being wasted while he was with undisciplined teams. We'd see spurts every now and then, but now he's just going berserk.

Scary stuff coming out of the Pats right now.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Oct 6, 2007, 12:43 AM

Did I tell you guys how much I love you this week?

I was not happy about Mr. Moss. I figured - ya- whatever. Then I saw the games. That's obvious now.
He has talent. He's humble at the moment. There are people who say - ok but they are winning... But, when I saw the interaction/hug between Belichik and Moss last week, I knew it was real.

I'm not a bragger, a jinxer or nothing. But, he has added a great deal to this team. I have watched the Pats win games by the skin of their teeth, by luck, by call, by whatever. But, right now they are a complete unit.

When I drafted Moss for FFL, people thought I was nuts. I'm all that now.

Bottom line... Solid team... Solid effort.
( Last edited by KeriVit; Oct 6, 2007 at 12:49 AM. Reason: typos)

RobOnTheCape
Senior User
Oct 6, 2007, 03:31 PM

I heard a good point on sports radio the other day. Someone mentioned how Belichek could care less about running the board through the regular season. It's the ring that counts, thus if they wrap things up well before the end of season he could easily send out his B team to rest up the core guys, and thus lose a few along the way.

Can you imagine them trying to sweep the season and then see Brady go down with a serious injury?

I'd love to see the mainstay guys rest up and still they find a way to sweep.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2007, 03:50 PM

We'll see.

the pats are going to win another ring this year for sure. i sure hope so

abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2007, 03:54 PM

I doubt they will even go to the super bowl this year. they'll have a great regular season but drop it in the playoffs. think->15-1 steelers in 2004, 14-2 chargers last year, 13-3 colts in 2005.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2007, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by RobOnTheCape View Post
I heard a good point on sports radio the other day. Someone mentioned how Belichek could care less about running the board through the regular season. It's the ring that counts, thus if they wrap things up well before the end of season he could easily send out his B team to rest up the core guys, and thus lose a few along the way.

Can you imagine them trying to sweep the season and then see Brady go down with a serious injury?

I'd love to see the mainstay guys rest up and still they find a way to sweep.
If this season has taught me anything, it is that if you take a break you risk letting your team cool off.

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2007, 07:32 AM

As a colts fan for the last forever, gotta say that:
1 marvin harrison still got a win without dressing, along with adai and utech and where did edgerin go? (colts can take injuries and use the season to learn to win tough games, not run up the score or stats)
2 wouldn't matter if superman was on oakland's team, if you're always double teamed and your qb sucks, how many losses and unused potential can you take before you stop caring?
3 pats schedule is weak, 4 weeks till their only real test of the reg season to see how he stacks up
4 typed on a wii 1 painful letter at a time (good for practicing the aim)

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 8, 2007, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by iLikebeer View Post
As a colts fan for the last forever, gotta say that:
1 marvin harrison still got a win without dressing, along with adai and utech and where did edgerin go? (colts can take injuries and use the season to learn to win tough games, not run up the score or stats)
Bucs aren't exactly a good team - their wins are against bad teams.
2 wouldn't matter if superman was on oakland's team, if you're always double teamed and your qb sucks, how many losses and unused potential can you take before you stop caring?
If you get paid that much money, you need to care every single down. Sorry. That's just the way that goes, especially if your athlete status is what's keeping you out of the jail cell you really deserve to occupy.
3 pats schedule is weak, 4 weeks till their only real test of the reg season to see how he stacks up
Do they play in the PAC-10?

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by iLikebeer View Post
wouldn't matter if superman was on oakland's team, if you're always double teamed and your qb sucks, how many losses and unused potential can you take before you stop caring?
You mean if your line sucks, it doesn't matter who your QB is he's gonna get his ass handed to him. Most QBs need more than 3 seconds to throw the ball. (See any QB from last year, under the pile)

Also, if you stop caring and take plays off, how is the situation going to improve?
( Last edited by exca1ibur; Oct 8, 2007 at 03:07 PM. Reason: darn typos... argh)

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Oct 8, 2007, 12:32 PM

I hope you mean 3 seconds.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2007, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ghoser777 View Post
I hope you mean 3 seconds.
I stand corrected.

abe
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2007, 06:56 PM

With the Patriots ahead of Dallas and the score 28 - 24 with 3:39 left in the 3rd period, Randy Moss made a fantastic catch of a fantastic Brady TD pass. It was disallowed due to replays which showed it was bobbled before he hit the ground but that was a simply awesome indication of Randy Moss' ability.

I believe he will have himself a career year in 2007.

Absolutely awesome.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2007, 08:17 PM

with the pats beating dallas tonight.. i am

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2007, 07:06 PM

that was wonderful

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2007, 07:21 PM

ehh. oh well, there's always next time.

abe
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2007, 02:07 PM

Moss catches his ninth TD pass of the season and it's another gem, almost an Alley Ooop pass except that Brady put it right on the money and over TWO Dolphin defenders Randy Moss grabbed a pass while just inside the end zone.

Amazing!

This is going to be the year when the #1 and #2 top contenders for league MVP will be on the same team.

Tom Brady and Randy Moss!

I can't choose at this point but I'm leaning toward Brady.

UNBELIEVABLE!

MOSS JUST CAUGHT A SECOND UNBELIEVABLE TD PASS!

I'VE GOT CHILLS!

In the second period the score is 35 - 7 New England.

Absolutely amazing.

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2007, 02:16 PM

The Pats are sick.

macfantn  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2007, 02:16 PM

yeah that was a great play, he is doing great for my fantasy team this week, if only frank gore would do something, he is a bust this season.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

Kevin
Baninated
Oct 21, 2007, 02:22 PM

I wish I could get that excited over football abe. I just guess I don't have the attention span to sit there and watch TV long enough to get into it.

abe
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2007, 02:27 PM

The Pats are sick.
I hear ya!

Originally Posted by macfantn View Post
yeah that was a great play, he is doing great for my fantasy team this week, if only frank gore would do something, he is a bust this season.
I hear ya!

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I wish I could get that excited over football abe. I just guess I don't have the attention span to sit there and watch TV long enough to get into it.
WHAT DID YOU SAY???!!!???

j/k

I hear ya!

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2007, 02:35 PM

Brady is going to crush the TD record at this rate. 5 TD's in the FIRST HALF!?!?! Wow...

abe
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2007, 02:52 PM

Brady is going to crush the TD record at this rate. 5 TD's in the FIRST HALF!?!?! Wow...
And in the closing seconds of the first half Brady faked a pass into the ground just to stop the clock but instead threw to Moss in the end zone and ALMOST got A THIRD MOSS TD!

I lived in Northern California during the 49ers "Dynasty" years and there were times when Joe Montana and Steve Young had games and streaks like this and Jerry Rice and John Taylor and Ronnie Lott and Roger Craig and crew were doing similar types of things and earning these same kinds of raves. But I have never seen a team look as masterful as this N.E. Patriots team through the first seven games of the season.

If anyone wants to see a record setting season and NFL football being played as well as it can be played, start catching the Patriots games the rest of this season.

There have been similar teams and similar seasons but this one will probably eclipse quite a few records and I agree with you, Ghoser777. Brady is on pace to score 56 TD's!

Absolutely amazing.
"We aren't speechless, but we're really close."
-- Greg Gumble's comments coming back for the second half and commenting on the game so far.

RobOnTheCape
Senior User
Oct 21, 2007, 04:01 PM

Can it get any better for New England/Boston sports fans? Pats/Sox/Boston College/Celts/and even the Bruins are starting well. What are the Revs doing anyways?

scottiB
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2007, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by RobOnTheCape View Post
What are the Revs doing anyways?
The Revs are scoring a goal from mid-field.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Oct 21, 2007, 07:44 PM

O my sweet jesus, Moss is just beautiful at catching. 49-28.

However, I must put up an HONORABLE mention for Wes Welker.

OK, one more surf then to the Sox game.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2007, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by rickey939 View Post
The Patriots will finish 19-0.
I totally agree.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 22, 2007, 12:59 PM

Wes Welker is a slippery eel when he gets the ball. Stallworth embarrassed the Miami defense, and Moss caught his second double coverage TD pass with his goddamned elbow.

What a weekend to be a New England sports fan (Go Sox!)

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2007, 01:18 PM

Pats look ridiculous this season. I didn't think they could get any better, but I was wrong. Moss has found his home, it seems.

So which is a deadlier duo: Brady & Moss or Manning & Harrison?

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2007, 01:28 PM

few more weeks and we will find out

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

iREZ
Professional Poster
Oct 22, 2007, 01:30 PM

harrison is in his wanning years no way peyton and harrison can out duel brady and moss right now.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Oct 22, 2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Stallworth embarrassed the Miami defense, and Moss caught his second double coverage TD pass with his goddamned elbow.
Miami is 0-7 for a reason... I think you can get a backup player to 'embarrass' their defense.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Oct 22, 2007, 04:13 PM

Oh I know, terrible tackling from Miami all day, but you have to admit that little spin Stallworth threw at them was pretty sweet.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Oct 22, 2007, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by ::maroma:: View Post
So which is a deadlier duo: Brady & Moss or Manning & Harrison?
The first (overly simplistic) thing that popped in my head was "brain versus brawn."

Harrison's been a phenomenal player (and he's still great), but I think it's about time we admit that Reggie Wayne is the Colts' #1 receiver.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

iREZ
Professional Poster
Oct 22, 2007, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by lavar78 View Post
The first (overly simplistic) thing that popped in my head was "brain versus brawn."

Harrison's been a phenomenal player (and he's still great), but I think it's about time we admit that Reggie Wayne is the Colts' #1 receiver.
quoted for emphasis
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 22, 2007, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by lavar78 View Post

Good point. I guess I just have a soft spot for Manning and Harrison. I'll move on... eventually.

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2007, 08:24 AM

don't wanna break up the pats circle jerk here, brady and the pats are amazing to watch.

BUT week 9 is the game of the season. And can't wait to see the Colts repeat in the superbowl, but the AFC Championship is gonna be a much better game (no matter which team wins)

unless Peyton gets to spank his little brother...imagine the commercial possibilities of that! probably better than the show you were watching!

Forum Links
Forum Rules