Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Fx 3 Better than any other browser!?

Fx 3 Better than any other browser!? (Page 2)
@pplejaxkz
Senior User
Jun 26, 2008, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by TETENAL View Post
If we're talking about real reasons why Firefox is better than Safari, then let's talk about this:

Kerning and OpenType features in Firefox 3

Interesting post, I never really noticed that!
-----
I think Firefox 3 is the best Firefox that has been released yet. I like it a lot, but I don't think I can give it the title of the "Best Browser Yet." I still love Safari.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2008, 07:55 PM

After using FireFox 3 final release for a while, I switch back to Safari. IMHO, the final release is less stable than its' beta/RC edition. Weird.

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 28, 2008, 10:54 PM

I gotta say, I've never cared much for the subtleties of acid tests, etc, but really for speed, compatibility with the sites Ive used and general fluid browsing, and for that I've stuck with camino until the recent Safari which has gotten quite good. Until now.

I always thought FF was very clunky on the mac, felt like a windows app. But, I happen to really like FF3 - it feels lightning fast, and I've had no troubles, and the awesome bar is well...awesome.

L
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Feb 8, 2009, 04:13 AM

Bump. I like Firefox most of the time, but I also like to look at the competition, and I have to say Opera deserves a lot of credit.
( Last edited by Big Mac; Feb 8, 2009 at 04:34 AM. )

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Forum Links
Forum Rules