Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Need A Website

Need A Website
jaydon34
Senior User
Sep 4, 2002, 02:36 AM

Let me help. I run my own site jefedesigns. Check it out as well as the link to the old site at the bottom. Need help let me help you.
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

derbs
Senior User
Sep 4, 2002, 05:36 AM

You've mis-spelled "proffesionalism" on your website, doesn't give a great first impression

Should be "professionalism"

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Sep 4, 2002, 01:22 PM

Why thankyou. Just so you know its a personal website. So I dont spend to much time on grammar. Being that its just my digital playground. But thanks for the tip.

KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2002, 02:42 PM

Love your sig

pixelghetto
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2002, 09:12 AM

Real webdesigners don't use times!
Bork bork bork.

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 3, 2002, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by pixelghetto:
Real webdesigners don't use times!
Damn right! Times is only good for print, not website.

BTW, there is too much distraction in your website. That background image isn't a good idea. I think your old website is slightly better than the new one, IMHO.

jaydon34  (op)
Senior User
Oct 4, 2002, 02:33 AM

Originally posted by Adam Betts:

Damn right! Times is only good for print, not website.

BTW, there is too much distraction in your website. That background image isn't a good idea. I think your old website is slightly better than the new one, IMHO.

Actually I like it. And I never claimed to be a real webdesigner. I Like your Icons adam I think there kind of hot. But your websites seems dull. I know mines is the greatest but that just shows ya that you dont need a formal edjucation in design. No disrespect.

Mulattabianca
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 5, 2002, 10:09 AM

I've seen more than 20 websites of "graphics" that look like yours ... so they start to give the impression of being created from a template.

::1 ::2 ::3 ::

derbs
Senior User
Oct 9, 2002, 08:09 AM

i like your old site a lot more than your new site. Very tDR

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2002, 03:55 AM

Originally posted by jaydon34:
Actually I like it. And I never claimed to be a real webdesigner. I Like your Icons adam I think there kind of hot. But your websites seems dull. I know mines is the greatest but that just shows ya that you dont need a formal edjucation in design. No disrespect.
Yeah I agree with you 100% (no irony there) but the problem is that most clients prefer something common and same. I even tried suggesting them to try something new but most of them are hard-headed. I designed something cool and unique then show it to my clients, they said "Looks cool but I prefer simple and similar design as our competitors". I only have two options; to accept their opinion or lose a client As more clients you get, the more frustrating you will get.

If you check our website again, you'll see several new websites design. The newest website design you see there, we have 100% control over it so it show a difference to all previous designs.

I have one question in my mind that need to be answered: Does Creativity and Business blend together well?

BTW, you don't have to worry about if you offend me or not because all Web/Graphic Designer are supposed to be open-minded. Just tell your honest opinion and I will tell mine too

Forum Links
Forum Rules