Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Sports card experts: How much for a 1991 Upper Deck complete card set in binder?

Sports card experts: How much for a 1991 Upper Deck complete card set in binder?
Mac Write
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2008, 11:19 PM

Hey all,

I found out the name of the binder of baseball cards I have. it's a 1991 Upper Deck Baseball complete set in a binder. What would that go for these days? I am clearing out old junk. I heard this stuff from 90's is worthless and might just toss all these cards as it's taking up space.
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2008, 11:23 PM

Upper deck complete card set: $1000
Upper decking your friend's toilet: priceless

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2008, 11:26 PM

It's probably worth about the same as what you paid for it back in the day. I found a 1991 Upper Deck complete set, unopened, for $15.

Anything that isn't before 1980 has absolutely no hope of being worth anything. Even rookie cards of today's big stars are rarely worth much. Another interesting thing - 1991 was the biggest year for baseball card sales. So 1991 cards have virtually no value.

Maybe they'll be worth something in 50 or 100 years when they're antiques and most have been thrown out or lost, or after the baseball card industry has died out completely.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Jun 29, 2008, 11:32 PM

Beckett?

Shell out the 5 bucks

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Forum Links
Forum Rules