Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Will drop 4 spots in F@Home in next 17 days!!

Will drop 4 spots in F@Home in next 17 days!!
OneMacGuy
Senior User
Jun 28, 2004, 06:22 PM

I just noticed that we will be dropping 4 positions in the next 17 days!! We might could hold off MacAddict4Life and Folding@Malaysia if we really kick in some production (especially CobraMac!), but we won't hold off the LittleWhiteDog or newz.dk. They are gonna make us into dog food... and yesterday's newz .....

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 28, 2004, 06:33 PM

If I can figure out how to get outlook to move it's data files from C drive to H drive, and thus get roaming profiles to work, I can add a little more power.
I need more patch cables, too. Like, 10 more.
Athlon 2600 + mobo, $90. I'll pick it up and [somehow] get it crunching, if you'll buy it off me in August. Sale ends tomorrow night.
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

OneMacGuy  (op)
Senior User
Jun 28, 2004, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by Scotttheking:
If I can figure out how to get outlook to move it's data files from C drive to H drive, and thus get roaming profiles to work, I can add a little more power.
I need more patch cables, too. Like, 10 more.
Athlon 2600 + mobo, $90. I'll pick it up and [somehow] get it crunching, if you'll buy it off me in August. Sale ends tomorrow night.
I'll take it as long as it is not an SIS chipset, I hate their chipsets! You guys that live around a Fry's get the best deals going! As far as patch cables or anything other kinda spare parts, I have plenty! Let me know what you need....

BTW, I fixed my PayPal account so I can pay you this time without the hassles.

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 28, 2004, 07:40 PM

Originally posted by OneMacGuy:
I'll take it as long as it is not an SIS chipset, I hate their chipsets! You guys that live around a Fry's get the best deals going! As far as patch cables or anything other kinda spare parts, I have plenty! Let me know what you need....

BTW, I fixed my PayPal account so I can pay you this time without the hassles.
Ok, I'll pick it up when I go to fry's tomorrow. I'll get it working (have to order ram, maybe a HD), then it's yours at the end of the summer (and you can buy any other stuff you want, too).
If you want me to let you know what the fry's special of the week is, I'm happy to do so, and occasionally go get one (they aren't THAT close to my house). I'll test them to make sure it works, then ship it out. Doesn't cost me much to ship. They've been doing ECS boards with VIA chipsets lately, except for one nforce2 board a few weeks ago.

Edit: BTW, they've got an athlon 64 2800 and MSI K8T Neo FSR for $280, IIRC. Just FYI.

The patch cables are for the secondary farm, I'll have them made or bought soon. We just ripped out every cable and rewired for gigE, and the old setup was awful, (cable from computer, thru wall, into switch) so now I need a ton of patch cable to clean it up. The nice shiny new athlon 64 3000s are waiting to be deployed there, I just have to get roaming profiles up so I can migrate them to the new boxes without the hassle.
My website

mikkyo
Senior User
Jun 28, 2004, 08:50 PM

We are also dropping in D2OL.
The good days are all gone.

[APi]TheMan
Mac Elite
Jun 28, 2004, 11:47 PM

I recently switched about 4 CPUs to SETI BOINC.
"In Nomine Patris, Et Fili, Et Spiritus Sancti"

JAmZ SeSSioN
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 28, 2004, 11:54 PM

I just noticed that we will be dropping 4 positions in the next 17 days!! we won't hold off the LittleWhiteDog. They are gonna make us into dog food... and yesterday's newz .....
W F
W F

:::Circles around the yard::::

W F
W F
JAmZ SeSSioN
Till next time..Remember this time. WOOF

reader50
Administrator
Jun 29, 2004, 12:31 AM

Welcome back, Jamz. Remember that the scooper is over in the corner.

Whatever happened to Toast? Each of the times I've visited the kennel, he was gone, and some other dude was posting your stats. You didn't, um, eat him?

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 29, 2004, 07:48 PM

OneMacGuy, I've got a ECS KT600-A mobo, complete with AGP 8X, 8 USB2 ports, onboard 6 channel audio, serial ATA, DDR 400 ram slots, 400MHz FSB support, onboard 10/100 LAN, and all the other fun stuff you want. I'll order up some ram for it, then get it crunching. In approx 1.5 months, it's yours. It'll be paired with an athlon xp 2600 barton CPU and it's retail HSF.
Or, if you want, I could ship it now, if I can sell the athlon 64 delayed, for really close to what I paid.

I've also got available for either immediate or delayed sale (immediate preferred), a MSI K8T Neo FSR board, with pretty much the same features as above, except it's for athlon 64s, and it's got a gigE onboard NIC, and it's paired with a nice retail Athlon 64 2800.
If you are interested, speak now, or speak really soon, because it'll go elsewhere (and probably returned if I can't sell it while it's new, since I can't take the devaluation that a new plaform will get quite quickly).

--Scott
My website

OneMacGuy  (op)
Senior User
Jun 29, 2004, 10:03 PM

OneMacGuy, I've got a ECS KT600-A mobo, complete with AGP 8X, 8 USB2 ports, onboard 6 channel audio, serial ATA, DDR 400 ram slots, 400MHz FSB support, onboard 10/100 LAN, and all the other fun stuff you want. I'll order up some ram for it, then get it crunching. In approx 1.5 months, it's yours. It'll be paired with an athlon xp 2600 barton CPU and it's retail HSF.
Or, if you want, I could ship it now, if I can sell the athlon 64 delayed, for really close to what I paid.

I've also got available for either immediate or delayed sale (immediate preferred), a MSI K8T Neo FSR board, with pretty much the same features as above, except it's for athlon 64s, and it's got a gigE onboard NIC, and it's paired with a nice retail Athlon 64 2800.
If you are interested, speak now, or speak really soon, because it'll go elsewhere (and probably returned if I can't sell it while it's new, since I can't take the devaluation that a new plaform will get quite quickly).

--Scott
Send me some prices, I am in the market for one now. I just got some new cases in.

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 30, 2004, 12:09 AM

Well, that's depressing. I remembered prices wrong, and as a result I paid more for the athlon 64 then I would at newegg. I'm going to return it tomorrow, no point in keeping it when it's cheaper to just order from newegg.
The athlon xp and board will be $115, if that sounds ok. I'll run it here until a little before I move to MD, then send it your way. I'll also have the rest of the farm available as well.
Again, if you want me to relay fry's combos to you, let me know.

--Scott
My website

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2004, 04:01 AM

We got whipped.
My website

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 9, 2004, 10:47 PM

This week @ Fry's it's a retail 2500 and mobo, same board as last time.
$80.
My website

OneMacGuy  (op)
Senior User
Jul 10, 2004, 12:27 AM

This week @ Fry's it's a retail 2500 and mobo, same board as last time.
$80.
Do you know what mobo?

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 10, 2004, 06:01 PM

Do you know what mobo?
ECS KT600-A
My website

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 14, 2004, 02:45 AM

OneMacGuy, the 2600 and mobo will be ready to send out either the middle of next week, or the Monday following, whenever you want it.
Let me know.
My website

OneMacGuy  (op)
Senior User
Jul 14, 2004, 09:04 AM

OneMacGuy, the 2600 and mobo will be ready to send out either the middle of next week, or the Monday following, whenever you want it.
Let me know.
I am glad you reminded me! I was just about to order a CPU and Mobo for a case I picked up last week. Let me know how much and when so I can PayPal you.

Best contact for me is:
onemacguy at hotmail dot com

I read that often enough to get it in a timely manner.

Thanx, Scott!

BamZipPow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 16, 2004, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by reader50:
Whatever happened to Toast? Each of the times I've visited the kennel, he was gone, and some other dude was posting your stats. You didn't, um, eat him?
Well...no. He got a little burnt out doing the stats...

We will pass Team MacNN in approximately 3.11 days.
So we meet again...you know how dogs greet you when they haven't seen someone fer awhile, right?

Thanks fer folding!
( Last edited by BamZipPow; Jul 16, 2004 at 12:25 PM. )
Beware of the LittleWhiteDog!

Forum Links
Forum Rules