Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Civilized Forums?

Civilized Forums?
OneMacGuy
Senior User
Jul 23, 2004, 10:39 PM

I have not spent much time in the other parts of this forum until recentlym but lately I have tried perusing them some. It is absolutely amazing how crude the rest of the forums are at MacNN. If I started out at the higher level forums, I would not have stayed.

I really want to than the MacNN team members who hang out in the this part of the forum for mature, clean and intellectual conversations. The conversations in the other parts of our forums are downright mean and nasty! I do not understand why people hang around to be talked to like they are in some places here.

It really makes me appreciate Reader50 and Scott for how well this forum is moderated!!!!

THANX!!!!

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 23, 2004, 10:51 PM

LOL.

Those 'brutal' parts of the forum are what have put my post count at nearly 3,000.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

reader50
Administrator
Jul 24, 2004, 12:50 AM

Thank you.

Personally, I tend to avoid the Lounges in favor of the technical forums. However, the truth is the Team forum has some very nice members, with more checking in now and then.

If team members want to post some off topic subjects , it is ok by me. We already allow that for visitors from other teams, so it's only fair to consider this the "Team Lounge".

ps - the rest of MacNN forums, especially the technical ones, are not bad at all. When iTools was still iTools, the iReview site review service had MacNN Forums voted as the best Mac forum around. We didn't even find out about that until later, so we didn't stuff the ballot box. Ask for help in the hardware forums some night, you may be surprised how many people reply, with useful ideas.

[APi]TheMan
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2004, 01:41 AM

I generally find that, for the most part, the Team forum and the Unix forum resemble the Apple discussion boards themselves; those forums seem to be populated by competent and helpful people and sport less bickering and bantering by members. I think that the quality of people posting is higher in those two areas, though we do have awesome moderators in the Team forum.

"In Nomine Patris, Et Fili, Et Spiritus Sancti"

Forum Links
Forum Rules