Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > nvidia 6800 gt

nvidia 6800 gt
bradleykavin
Nov 29, 2004, 12:46 AM

i want to buy this card..but i want to see if there is any other place i can buy it besides the apple store because apple tends to have things at higher prices..i cannt find a place that has this card for mac besides the apple store..anyone know of any place this card can be bought for mac other than the apple store? thank you
Powermac G5, Dual 1.8 8x superdrive, 250 gig startup drive 80 gig seconday drive, nvidia 6800 gt, logitech z-5500

Commodus
Mac Elite
Nov 29, 2004, 01:11 AM

Nowhere else - it's technically made *for* Apple as their card.

That said, it's not the worst deal - at least for the price you get dual dual-link DVI ports.
24-inch iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2004, 03:12 AM

Yeah, it is about $100 more expensive than the PC version, but on the other hand it offers the dual-link DVI ports, when most Windows-compatible 6800GTs and even Ultras come with the standard DVI + VGA port configuration.

In fact, NewEgg only has one dual-DVI 6800GT in stock right now, and it's $450. And that's for standard DVI, not dual-link. I don't know how much it is to get a dual-link card on the PC side, but I think $500 is about the minimum.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Forum Links
Forum Rules