Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Dual G5 2.0 Rev A No Video

Dual G5 2.0 Rev A No Video
OneMacGuy
Senior User
May 4, 2005, 11:48 AM

My dual G5 crashed over the weekend while I was not at work. It was sitting in a kernel panic on Monday morning when I got it. I turned it off and back on, no video. I have an Apple 17" LCD monitor on it that is powered from the video card, it powers up, but never rasters. The computer comes on, bongs, and appears to be booting from the sounds that it makes, but no video. The fans all come on full speed, sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

I have pressed the PMU switch (several times), removed and replaced the video card and the memory, nothing helps. I do not have any spare parts to swap to troubleshoot with except spare memory.

HELP, Any suggestions?
Chappaquidick 1, Cheney 0

Forum Links
Forum Rules