Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Project Builder: Stupid Question

Project Builder: Stupid Question
zachs
Mac Elite
Aug 3, 2003, 10:56 PM

OK, I have two kinda dumb questions re: Project Builder.

1.) I saved my project as a particular name. Now how do I change the name? I have changed it everywhere in the Target Settings and Info.plist I could find. It shows up fine in the Dock, but not in the Finder and the application menu. How do I change the name?

2.) I want to put a custom icon on it. I put the name of the icon file in the Application Icon setting in PB. It shows up in the Finder, but when I open it it has a generic application icon in the Dock.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

DSHwrd
Aug 5, 2003, 11:22 AM

1.) I saved my project as a particular name. Now how do I change the name? I have changed it everywhere in the Target Settings and Info.plist I could find. It shows up fine in the Dock, but not in the Finder and the application menu. How do I change the name?
Open up your projects 'MainMenu.nib' file. When it opens in Interface Builder, double click on the 'MainMenu' icon inside of the MainMenu.nib window. When this opens, manually change the name of the Application to whatever the new name is (do the same for 'Hide app', 'Quit app', and 'About app'). Then before you compile it again, clean the active target (hit the 'Clean Active Target' button on the toolbar -- little broom). That should fix the name problem.

About your icon problem, did you manually drag the icon into the resources folder in your project? Once in there, tell the target settings the name of it. Always works for me...

Good luck,
- Daniel
Daniel Howard | Mac OS X (10.2.2) | TiBook867 /\ iSub w/ Soundsticks /\ iPod
www.midnite-liteman.com | ideaSpiral 1.5.3 / DVD Rack 1.0.2

disco_stu
Aug 5, 2003, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by zachs:
2.) I want to put a custom icon on it. I put the name of the icon file in the Application Icon setting in PB. It shows up in the Finder, but when I open it it has a generic application icon in the Dock.
If I remember correctly, the Dock stores a cache of application icons, so if you update the Application Icon in Project Builder, it may not be updated because the Dock is just looking in it's cache. I think that logging out and back in (or at the worst, a reboot) should fix it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules