Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Rush: Sanford Affair: It's Obama's Fault!

Rush: Sanford Affair: It's Obama's Fault! (Page 2)
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 28, 2009, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post

I don't have a national radioshow or pretend to speak on behalf of any party. Yet this tool does, and if I were a Republican I'd disown this asshat early and often if I were ever to be taken serious in anything. Ever.
Maybe you wouldn't want a national radioshow, what does that have to do with anything? Surely if there can be Democrat shills on the air, there can likewise be Republican shills on the air no? Why should Republicans be more concerned with their association to Rush than our own President to his associations? I think this is the point CRASH is trying to make here. Your priorities are all out of whack for what seems nothing more than an attempt to slander dissenting view.

You're absolutely right though. The Republicans should disband starting with squelching any dissent within it, abandon anyone with whom they don't agree 100% in favor of say... Colin Powell with whom they can agree 38%. When he's not actively campaigning for the Democratic party of course. Right?
ebuddy

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2009, 12:11 AM

I'm afraid that I don't see the fallacy in his assessment. Sanford was defeated by his own state's legislature in a battle that was followed nationally and had a bearing on his presidential aspirations, he was bogged down in an affair that could be leaked to the public at any moment, his wife and father in-law where cognizant of this and were very unhappy, and so he decided to go to Argentina to get some action then break it off and announce it to the media (since the story would have eventually leaked).

Rush's point is that his defeat in the battle over the stimulus money was one among several things that made him say "to hell with it" and fly to Argentina. Seems plausible to me.

- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 29, 2009, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Surely if there can be Democrat shills on the air, there can likewise be Republican shills on the air no?
Of course. But if I were a republican I'd be very concerned about the ones claiming to represent my point of view and point out some of the actual smart and rational ones instead of the ones who shout the loudest and farthest.

Rush Limbaugh is a joke, pure and simple.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2009, 01:35 AM

Look, I don't think there is any disagreement that Rush is crazy (as in, insane). But I don't see much of a problem with his assessment.

- - e r i k - -  (op)
Posting Junkie
Jun 29, 2009, 01:40 AM

Well aside from the fact that he got involved in the affair when Obama was just a senator, there's nothing wrong at all!

But I'm sure Obama has some magical time travelling powers as well. You know, being the Messiah and all.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2009, 02:25 AM

Maybe I misheard the clip, but I thought he was implying that Sanford chose to expose the relationship because of said reasons.

Nevermind, my mistake.

As an aside, Sanford is a troubled man. My uncle was close friends with him in their fraternity, but even so, he's revealed some rather strange habits that Sanford had as a student. And then, when Sanford attained his first elected office, he chose to sleep on the office's floor rather than rent his own place, despite the fact that he was being paid a salary and was from a rich family. He's a strange man.

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Jun 29, 2009, 05:46 AM

I'm still trying to understand why people think Rush is a windbag. Is it because he holds the real Conservative ideals?

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2009, 06:59 AM

Rush is called these names because he has invested in a lifetime supply of tiny, tiny fishooks. They just need a TINY bit of bait, and all the liberal fish swim fast to swallow them up. That evil guy then laughs to himself as he sees his daily catch. Actually, so do I.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 29, 2009, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Of course. But if I were a republican I'd be very concerned about the ones claiming to represent my point of view and point out some of the actual smart and rational ones instead of the ones who shout the loudest and farthest.Rush Limbaugh is a joke, pure and simple.
Again, why should the Republicans (or really anyone for that matter) be more concerned with their association to an extremely popular radio icon than some of the unpopular associations of our own President?

Other than the fact that priorities have little place in partisanship of course.

Rush Limbaugh is not a shouter. You've got him mixed up with some of the others you've heard about second-hand. He represents some of my views, some he does not. He shares a majority of my views and generally expresses them in ways that have gotten the message out in unprecedented fashion, by any measure.

You can hate him if you wish, but there's no reason Republicans should be more concerned with him than Democrats are of any of the wealth of shady associations of theirs. i.e. he does more good than harm. Evidenced by the reaction to him.
ebuddy

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 29, 2009, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by ctt1wbw View Post
I'm still trying to understand why people think Rush is a windbag. Is it because he holds the real Conservative ideals?
He's a very intelligent man, but in a Bobby Fisher sort of way.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 29, 2009, 07:58 PM

I think it's funny that someone like Mark Sanford blames the deterioration of marriage on gays. That's like Rush Limbaugh saying there's no excuse for drug addiction, while being addicted to drugs.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 30, 2009, 06:15 PM

hicks

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2009, 07:46 AM

I think that what's really missing here is for Sanford to get up and announce that he "never had international relations, with this woman, from Argentina" and then lie about it under oath after he's been accused of misusing government resources for his personal sexual gain.

Only then I think will we see the true leadership qualities that Sanford has possessed all along, and his poll numbers will skyrocket in his state!

subego
Clinically Insane
Jul 1, 2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
and then lie about it under oath after he's been accused of misusing government resources for his personal sexual gain.

We should have that person thrown out of office.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2009, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
We should have that person thrown out of office.
Starting with Barney Frank. Abso-freakin'-lutely.

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2009, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
Maybe I misheard the clip, but I thought he was implying that Sanford chose to expose the relationship because of said reasons.
You didn't mishear it. That's what Rush was getting at... that perhaps Sanford got so darn fed up with the good fight that he decided to say "screw it" with regards to concealing his relationship.

It's not that Sanford got caught... it's that he just didn't seem to give a crap as to whether or not his affair would become public.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
it's not that sanford got caught... It's that he just didn't seem to give a crap as to whether or not his affairs would become public.
fify

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 1, 2009, 09:51 PM

At the time of Rush's quote, only one affair was known. Even so, the context remains. Rush offered that perhaps Sanford just said "screw it".

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2009, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
At the time of Rush's quote, only one affair was known. Even so, the context remains. Rush offered that perhaps Sanford just said "screw it".
Screw it? Or Screw her? Or Screw them ladies?

Obviously Rush is wrong.

Sanford keeps on lying. More girls and more encounters than previously told.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

kobi
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2009, 01:16 AM

I'm just surprised that it's not a gay affair* after all.....he is Republican.

*not that there's anything wrong with that
The Religious Right is neither.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 2, 2009, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by kobi View Post
I'm just surprised that it's not a gay affair* after all.....he is Republican.

*not that there's anything wrong with that
Sure, if you are a Democrat, you can be gay, retarded, and still head up a Senate committee...

-t

kobi
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2009, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Sure, if you are a Democrat, you can be gay, retarded, and still head up a Senate committee...

-t
Yes, Frank is only there to piss in your cherrios Turtle, guess he has nothing else better to do being the head of the United States House Committee on Financial Services and all.

Frank's been in office since 1982.......I don't think he's going anywhere until he retires.
The Religious Right is neither.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2009, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by kobi View Post
Yes, Frank is only there to piss in your cherrios Turtle, guess he has nothing else better to do being the head of the United States House Committee on Financial Services and all.

Frank's been in office since 1982.......I don't think he's going anywhere until he retires.
Which as I've said before is a very sad commentary in regards to the people of his state. When they can continually send such a corrupt and incompetent man to Washington when I'm sure there are better candidates, it reflects very poorly on them. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to move to Mass. and have to deal with the idiots that surely reside there. Even the people of Conn. seem to be learning their lesson in regards to Chris Dodd (Barney's evil, straight twin), which is good for them.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2009, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Screw it? Or Screw her? Or Screw them ladies?

Obviously Rush is wrong.
Rush was not wrong. He still has that little hook implanted into your cheek. His goal has been fulfilled.

Sanford keeps on lying. More girls and more encounters than previously told.
His poll numbers are sure to start skyrocketing any day now. My suggestion is for him to bite his lip a little more during his press conferences. That's a proven winner.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jul 2, 2009, 10:13 AM

A Politician with morality issues!! OMG!!! The only reasons Dems having these issues isn't news is that for them it's Standard Operating Procedure. Funny that Barney Franks male prostitute business operating out of his townhouse wasn't big news is that it was expected.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2009, 02:09 PM

Rush was not wrong. He still has that little hook implanted into your cheek. His goal has been fulfilled.
Not only is Rush wrong, he failed.

Hook?

Since you don't really watch the news, all you have are "hooks" with no facts.

Makes a whole lot of sense now.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jul 2, 2009, 02:51 PM

So you pick the news channel who you trust. How do you check to see if that channel is telling you the facts in chronological order, without spin or bias? YOU CAN'T, unless you are actually connected to that story. The fact that so many of you think you are getting facts and not leftist editorial BS is astounding.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 2, 2009, 03:04 PM

You couldn't pay me a million dollars to move to Mass. and have to deal with the idiots that surely reside there.
I'd rather raise a million dollars to keep you the hell out of my state.

...and yet again you condemn the residents of an entire state because of one man you don't like, you're a huge tool....like....a tool shed or something.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jul 2, 2009, 03:23 PM

Isn't Mass. Broke like California? and for the same reasons? Why don't they just ask the iIlegals for their money back?

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 2, 2009, 03:25 PM

Our 11 billion dollar over budget, 10 year over planned Big Dig really ****ed our financial status. Oh, and it leaks.

I know some would like to believe problems are simple enough to blame on one man or party, but it's never that simple.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 2, 2009, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Our 11 billion dollar over budget, 10 year over planned Big Dig really ****ed our financial status. Oh, and it leaks.

I know some would like to believe problems are simple enough to blame on one man or party, but it's never that simple.
Oh, it's quite simple.

If you like at the migration pattern, it's pretty clear: people leave heavily taxed and mismanaged states in the North-East (Democratic) to find greener pastures in lower tax states in the South and South-West (Republican).

I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

-t

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 2, 2009, 04:37 PM

You're right, it's usually more complicated:
Originally Posted by sek929
People hate the US because its easy to hate the guy on top, we do (and have done) many despicable things, but so has just about every other nation on Earth, the key is to look beyond past transgressions and focus on how to make them never happen again, Bush doesn't understand this, in his mind, war is progress.
Nevermind the fact that most Americans, most of Congress both left and right, and the prior Administration all believed regime change in Iraq was critical to progress.

and for good measure a little generalizing about people based on their State:

Originally Posted by sek929
and that would be what, a poll of 44 hicks in Missoura? Anyone can make up statistics to prove anything, fourfteen percent of all people know that.
C'mon folks with the insults. If you're going to call someone a tool, make sure there isn't a handle attached to the top of your own head.
ebuddy

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 2, 2009, 04:38 PM

Well, I had a huge reply and the forum ate it so I'll jump to the conclusion of my post.

Massachusetts' problems cannot be solved by switching out one set of fat white politicians for another, no matter how awesome you think your party is.

Also, my immediate area has seen a massive influx of new residents, enough to warrant entire new shopping districts, schools, supermarkets, housing developments, etc. How can you explain that when all our residents are going to for greener pastures in cutty-bum-****-South-Carolina? Oh yeah, and my area has some of the highest property taxes in the state. Wow, looks like people would rather live in a beautiful northern coastal town and spend a few more bucks then live beside Ma and Pa Kettle.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 2, 2009, 04:41 PM

No offense eBuddy, but where in the hell did you get that quote from? I can't even remember what it was in response to.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 2, 2009, 04:42 PM

Also, my immediate area has seen a massive influx of new residents, enough to warrant entire new shopping districts, schools, supermarkets, housing developments, etc. How can you explain that when all our residents are going to for greener pastures in cutty-bum-****-South-Carolina?
I can't, and it doesn't matter.

The trend is clear for whole states. How can you explain that ?

-t

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jul 2, 2009, 04:49 PM

I can't and it doesn't matter. I don't give two sh!ts about anyone in this state who lives more than a half hour away from the ocean. That's my Massachusetts. I'll never live anywhere I have to drive hours to get to the ocean.

Maybe our state is failing from poor leadership, coupled with massive public works boondoggles, coupled with republicans moving industry and manufacturing overseas for 50 years to save a few bucks. My area used to be the textile manufacturer king of this country, and now all we have is white collar jobs and home-construction-related jobs. So you either put on a tie and drive to Boston, or you clip on your tool belt and fix that guys house. If you want to be in any exciting, tech-driven field you'd be hard-pressed NOT to leave the state.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2009, 05:48 PM

I'd rather raise a million dollars to keep you the hell out of my state.

...and yet again you condemn the residents of an entire state because of one man you don't like, you're a huge tool....like....a tool shed or something.
You're right partially. I shouldn't paint all people from Mass. with such a broad brush. I'm not sure where exactly Frank's district is, but it's THOSE people who live there (since a majority keep voting for him) that really make the rest of the people from Mass. look bad. Maybe you rational ones can take a trip to Barney's district and start asking your neighbors to stop embarrassing themselves.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2009, 05:49 PM

Not only is Rush wrong, he failed.
Failed at what? To get people to listen to him and get liberals to fall for his sarcasm?

Seems like a slam dunk to me.

Hook?

Since you don't really watch the news, all you have are "hooks" with no facts.

Makes a whole lot of sense now.
No, you really don't.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 2, 2009, 08:08 PM

You're right partially. I shouldn't paint all people from Mass. with such a broad brush. I'm not sure where exactly Frank's district is, but it's THOSE people who live there (since a majority keep voting for him) that really make the rest of the people from Mass. look bad. Maybe you rational ones can take a trip to Barney's district and start asking your neighbors to stop embarrassing themselves.
That's *exactly* how the rest of us in the world felt when you guys re-elected Bush. Do you only support democracy when it returns results that you approve of?

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 2, 2009, 08:15 PM

Failed at what? To get people to listen to him and get liberals to fall for his sarcasm?

Seems like a slam dunk to me.

No, you really don't.
Sarcasm? Really? Rush don't even mix with sarcasm. Rush doesn't even know what sarcasm is.

Making outrageous claims, lies, and arguments is not sarcasm.

So Rush is really a liberal pretending to be a conservative in order to draw in idiot conservative listeners?

Wait a minute. I thought that was Colbert of the Colbert Report.

Want Sarcasm? Watch the Colbert Report.

Want to hear a bumbling idiot angry fool? Watch Rush Limbaugh.
( Last edited by hyteckit; Jul 2, 2009 at 08:21 PM. )

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jul 3, 2009, 07:55 AM

You libs had an idiot radio host and his show tanked. Now hes a senator, and we can watch him suck at that next. For 20 years Rush has been a thorn in the side of the libs, and all they have done is whine. Their credibility is in the tank because of the obvious bias, lies, spin, and now, even some of the liberal mainstream media is getting wise to the most recent BS from the White House.

Do you think this would have happened if Rush hadn't put some doubts in your little heads that the libs weren't telling the truth?

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2009, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
That's *exactly* how the rest of us in the world felt when you guys re-elected Bush. Do you only support democracy when it returns results that you approve of?
You could use that sort of example for just about any politician who ends up not living up to their promise. The fact is that Bush was unpopular and wouldn't have gotten re-elected by those who supported him even if he was eligible for a third term.

Frank on the other keeps getting elected over, and over, and over well after it's clear that he's corrupt, incompetent and a liar. It's not a matter of a single re-election before it's abundantly clear that he's doing stuff that isn't in the best interest of his constituents. These guys keep making the same mistake on a continual basis and it doesn't look like there's going to be any epiphanies in this regard any time soon.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2009, 08:39 AM

Sarcasm? Really? Rush don't even mix with sarcasm. Rush doesn't even know what sarcasm is.
:lol indeed.

I really don't need a rebuttal. I think I"ll just let your own words stand testament to your lack of an argument.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 3, 2009, 11:19 AM

Want to hear a bumbling idiot angry fool? Watch Rush Limbaugh.
Do you even know who you're talking about? Have you ever listened to his program?
ebuddy

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jul 3, 2009, 12:45 PM

liberals know everything, they don't have to listen. They haven't so far.....

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2009, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Do you even know who you're talking about? Have you ever listened to his program?
I use watch his show on TV on a regular basis, before discovering Bill Maher on Politically Incorrect.

Discovered what an idiot Rush Limbaugh is.

He spends most of his show blaming others and complaining about liberals, liberal media, Clinton, immigrants, blacks, gays, and so forth.

He's a drug addict who can't maintain his own marriage and divorce multiple times.

He is a fat head with a fat body who only cares out getting fat, taking drugs, and making money.

He travels to Asia with packs of Viagra.

He symbolizes greed, gluttony, sloth, wrath, lust, and pride.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 4, 2009, 12:22 AM

Frank on the other keeps getting elected over, and over, and over well after it's clear that he's corrupt, incompetent and a liar. It's not a matter of a single re-election before it's abundantly clear that he's doing stuff that isn't in the best interest of his constituents. These guys keep making the same mistake on a continual basis and it doesn't look like there's going to be any epiphanies in this regard any time soon.
In your humble opinion. Clearly, he's doing *something* that they like better than any other contender.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 4, 2009, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
Clearly, he's doing *something* that they like better than any other contender.
Again, if that's the best the people of his district have to offer, that's a sad commentary on the people of district. To suggest that they can't have good representation without going to a corrupt, incompetent liar simply is laughable.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2009, 09:39 AM

People are listening to Rush and others because he seems to make sense. look at ABC or the Washington post, both of who's ratings/subscribers are way down because of their OBVIOUS BS. MOre people believe the right leaning news than they do of the lefts mouthpieces. We now know that both ABC and the Washington Post are in 0bamas back pocket, so those news outlets are done. The stockholders should remove the board of directors for ruining those businesses. They sure can't say they are providing 'news' anymore.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jul 4, 2009, 09:45 AM

Again, if that's the best the people of his district have to offer, that's a sad commentary on the people of district. To suggest that they can't have good representation without going to a corrupt, incompetent liar simply is laughable.
Again, that's *exactly* what the rest of the world thought when you re-elected George Bush.

Forum Links
Forum Rules