Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Powerbook G3 Pismo 14.1"/DVD/Firewire/AirportCardBase/Zip/AirlineAdapter/10.2/Office

Powerbook G3 Pismo 14.1"/DVD/Firewire/AirportCardBase/Zip/AirlineAdapter/10.2/Office
omarv
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2002, 09:14 PM

Hi,

I am parting with my beloved Powerbook G3 Pismo 400/6GB/DVD/Airport Card and Base Station/Hot Swappable Zip Drive/ Airline Power Adapter/ Jaguar and Office V.X with Disks included

This computer is immaculate, I recently had the screen replaced so it is super bright. This computer has seen pretty light use at is my secondary computer, I just don't use it enough to keep it around. The battery holds excellent charge, I usually get about 3:45 to 4 hours sometimes even more with the brightness turned down. I can watch DVD's all the way through no problem. The computer is in flawless condition, I still have the original packaging and everything.

This model is really cool, it has S-Video output, 2 firewire ports, 2 USB ports, Sound in/Out, VGA out with expanded desktop mode, 1MB backside cache, 100 MHZ bus, really nice trackpad, and it runs Jaguar 10.2 really well. The zip runs very well and can be swapped with the DVD. This model also has support for two batteries for extra long work periods. The YoYo power adapter is in excellent shape as well.

The airport card and Base are a super combination with this powerbook, I get excellent range.

This is one of the few powerbooks that is actually upgradeable, currently g4 500 upgrades are available for 300 bucks, and 20 GB hard disks are 120 Bucks. I personally never felt the need to do so.

Official Microsoft office disks and Jaguar disks included, and all manuals and original system disks are included.

I'd rather sell it here than on eBay, I'll wait until Friday before putting it up on eBay.

First one to offer $1000.00 US gets it

email [email protected] with questions or offers.

Thanks

gacuna
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2002, 10:08 PM

how much for the aiport card and base station, and what model is the base station is it the 802.11b or the 802.11, if the base station is just 802.11 I am only interested in the card.

Anyways let me know if you would sell these individually and for how much each.

--Guillermo

fulmer
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2002, 10:57 PM

the apple base stations are only 802.11b--there is no additional spectrum/frequency capability with the newer model.

omarv  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2002, 11:34 PM

I'd really like to sell the whole thing as a package, thanks.

omarv  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2002, 03:16 PM

This computer has been sold. Thank you everyone for your interest.

Forum Links
Forum Rules