Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac CD-ROM loading tray problem?

iMac CD-ROM loading tray problem?
MacDavyBoy
Mar 24, 2000, 10:50 PM

Macsurfer.com today listed topics covered on various mac-news sites today. One of the topics listed for MNN (Macintosh News Network) was "iMac CD-Rom loading tray problem..."

I went to MNN and could not find the reference. Anyone know of this problem??

I ask because my iMac 233 (rev.B) had the CD-ROM replaced recently and it sometimes will NOT load CDs. It just will not powerup. Hmmm?

MacDavyBoy
Mar 24, 2000, 10:53 PM

Originally posted by MacDavyBoy:
Macsurfer.com today listed topics covered on various mac-news sites today. One of the topics listed for MacNN (Macintosh News Network) was "iMac CD-Rom loading tray problem..."

I went to MacNN and could not find the reference. Anyone know of this problem??

I ask because my iMac 233 (rev.B) had the CD-ROM replaced recently and it sometimes will NOT load CDs. It just will not powerup. Hmmm?

DoctorGonzo
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 24, 2000, 11:17 PM

I opened up my Rev. B tonight and found that the cable that connects to the CD-ROM drive had almost fallen out. There is no connector and it disconnects quite easily.

Once it is fixed, it is OK.

I am probably going to go back in and use some electrical tape.

Forum Links
Forum Rules