Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Problem mounting disk image

Problem mounting disk image
frinkster
Jan 17, 2000, 02:39 PM

I am having a problem mounting a disk image. It is self-mounting (.smi). When I double-click on it, I get an error code of -199. Is there anyway to get around this? Is there a utility that will fix the error?

Thanks

William Perez
Jan 18, 2000, 11:57 AM

Do you have a G3 upgrade card? Errors opening up .smi Disk Image files usually indicates that you have clocked it up too high and it's causing read/write errors on your drives.

frinkster
Jan 18, 2000, 01:23 PM

No, I have a PowerMac G4/PCI, all factory original except for additional RAM

blizzard
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 18, 2000, 09:03 PM

If it has at any time been on a PC then it will be corrupted. I found that out the hard way. Just a shot in the dark...otherwise make sure you're using the most recent version of DiskCopy or ShrinkWrap, and if you're only trying using one program, try using the other. I had a disk image once that would work fine with Disk Copy, but got an error with ShrinkWrap. Hope this helps.
Living, working, and freezing in the Canadian north.

frinkster
Jan 18, 2000, 11:54 PM

I just tried Shrinkwrap, and I had been trying Disk Copy. Neither works. I guess that the image is shot. Hopefully someone will tell me otherwise. Thanks for the help, guys.

Forum Links
Forum Rules