Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Acrobat 5 and 10.1

Acrobat 5 and 10.1
Nai no Kami
Senior User
Oct 25, 2001, 10:45 AM

Hello everybody:

I have installed the version 5 of Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) on OS X 10.1 and the program always opens in Classic, although the info says it is an "Application" not a "Classic Application" as occurs, for example, with Distiller.
Moreover, Acrobat 5 can open natively. I managed to achieve native opening by doing this:
- I duplicated the bundled Acrobat Reader 5 that came with the upgrade.
- I renamed it to "Acrobat 5" and the *eviscerated* the contents in the package.
- I booted in OS 9 and placed the contents of the Acrobat 5 folder inside the package in the same way that they where arranged in the Reader (I used the Resources folder from the Reader (no change at all).
- I edited the plists and the info version, etc. in order to prevent Acrobat 5 to mess up Acrobat Reader 5.
- Then I rebooted in X and double clicked my 'Frankenstein Acrobat'. It worked perfectly, BUT I have almost half the functionality I have if I boot it from Classic: Same menu options, half the tools in the toolbar; and less preferences too.

This is the only way I could open Acrobat 5 natively and, given the results, I am using it from Classic again. What's going on?

Thanks a lot.

Y no entienden nada... ¡y cómo se divierten!...

Forum Links
Forum Rules