Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Education Discount !?

Education Discount !?
O97Bassist
Dec 15, 2003, 11:11 PM

Hey everyone!
Brand new to the forum and ready to jump in to the world. Its almost christmas time and i've been saving my paychecks for to long to remember to buy an ibook. My parents are going to be pitching in to help out and i'm going to make the fateful switch next week but before i order the 'book. Can i qualify for the educational discounts (savings over 200$!)? I'm a Junior at a local high school that only uses Macs.

mac-kerouac
Forum Regular
Dec 15, 2003, 11:25 PM

If you are currently a student, then you qualify for the apple education discount. Take advantage of it, it is an excellent savings. I saved much dollars on my 12" iBook. Apple is very good to students and staff and as far as I'm concerned it is much appreciated. Just check the web-site, you'll have to search your school. I don't know how they verify for students, as a teacher, I had to send in a NEA membership number. However, do whatever it takes to save the dollars.
iBook G4 12"/640/60/Combo/AE

jerry1
Dec 15, 2003, 11:39 PM

Take advantage when you can. You should be able to qualify and save significantly. I will be doing the same soon. Anyway, Apple doesnt have any "Boxing Day Specials" do they ?

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Dec 16, 2003, 12:19 AM

You don't qualify for the education discount. It's available to faculty at any level school, and students in college only.
See www.apple.com/education/store

CeRtiFiedSkitZo
Dec 16, 2003, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by O97Bassist:
Hey everyone!
Brand new to the forum and ready to jump in to the world. Its almost christmas time and i've been saving my paychecks for to long to remember to buy an ibook. My parents are going to be pitching in to help out and i'm going to make the fateful switch next week but before i order the 'book. Can i qualify for the educational discounts (savings over 200$!)? I'm a Junior at a local high school that only uses Macs.

Well I bought mines and I'm not in school, but I'm planning on going back to school, so I guess that makes it ok.

Order it online and all they ask for is a school in your area and that's it. Just call it a down payment on your future education.

bimmerphile
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 16, 2003, 01:52 AM

Originally posted by SupahCoolX:
You don't qualify for the education discount. It's available to faculty at any level school, and students in college only.
See www.apple.com/education/store
It's not like they check.

-Kris Olson | 12" PBG4 1.5GHz

NYK Ace
Senior User
Dec 16, 2003, 12:17 PM

but its still cheating the system

Forum Links
Forum Rules