Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Starcraft Help!

Starcraft Help!
MARINEOSX
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 24, 2005, 01:34 AM

I have a question about starcraft. I just got it tonight the battle chest, and I can't install it. It keeps saying you must run the installer on the install cd but I am clicking on the starcraft installer. Does this not work with os X? Or is there something simple that I am missing? Thank you in advance.
Bless those that sacrifice for us all.

Krauti
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 24, 2005, 04:02 AM

Nevermind, seems to be a Panther problem...

Thain Esh Kelch
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 24, 2005, 06:35 AM

I dont know if it is an OS9 only installer that comes with the Battlechest, but try downloading the OSX installer of from Blizzards website.

It works fine.

poulh
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2005, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Thain Esh Kelch
I dont know if it is an OS9 only installer that comes with the Battlechest, but try downloading the OSX installer of from Blizzards website.

It works fine.
I'll second that.. used the installer on Blizzard.com yesterday... worked great. One note... if you want to install broodwar you don't install starcraft first... just click broodwar.

webb3201
Senior User
Apr 26, 2005, 10:36 AM

Just reinstalled it on my Powerbook while I take a break from WOW. Man I still love this game after 7 years (?). Grab the installer off the blizzard site and all will be well. Nothng better than three fleets of 12 Protoss carriers launching hundreds of fighters...if only human players would give me time to build them all!
Read my MacWebb column and other great Mac articles at Lowendmac.com

Owner of a MacBook Pro and various other Macs.

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2005, 11:15 PM

is anyone having slight problems with the mouse pointer in Starcraft? Mine seems to lag a little. Definitely not as smooth as Starcraft running under windows.

Thain Esh Kelch
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2005, 06:42 AM

Seems to run fine on this iMac 233 with OSX.

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2005, 07:57 AM

I happen to re-install StarCraft (Broodwar) on my eMac recently. I could get the CD to install on its own, but the Mac OS X installer from Blizzard's site, and the updater seemed to do the trick. I'm running on a 1Ghz. eMac with 1 GB RAM, under 10.3.9.

I don't know why I even play, though... people are so rude on Battlenet usually. gogogogogogo..... My foot! Damn, doesn't anyone know patience there? And no one seems to interested in playing different maps and games. It's all the same old thing. Then they call you names, backstab you, etc. Ugh. Total rubbish. Does anyone know of any more enjoyable games/online gaming community out there?

Thain Esh Kelch
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2005, 08:06 AM

Yes, you should try playing Myth online. If you stay out of the ranked community, you should really enjoy it. People are VERY nice in there!

NuttyHomie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2005, 02:57 PM

whenever i try to play battle.net i always get :

[FONT=Arial]unable to connect to battle.net. if you are using a modem to access your service provider and are not configured for dial-up networking, you may need to initiate the connection manually. [/FONT]

am i doing something wrong. i have cable dsl and i'm always connected. Whats wrong with my starcraft?!?!?!

Forum Links
Forum Rules