Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > just bought a belkin wireless "G" router!!!

just bought a belkin wireless "G" router!!!
suprz's ghost
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2005, 02:44 AM

this thing is awesome! it was set up and running in minutes! very easy, and a great signal (my friend just went down the block more than the 328ft range it says in the instructions) and he still had 2 bars inside his car!
and to top it off we configured my sons Sony PSP to go on the internet using it! I was cruising the apple website on the PSP. I would actually rather have a PSP than a ipod or a palm with WIFI

anyways, this is geat!!! it's 2:30 AM i gotta get some sleep
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"...Albert Einstein

macmad
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2005, 03:57 AM

does it work with iChat3?

suprz's ghost  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2005, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by macmad
does it work with iChat3?
hmmmm....i dont know i didnt try it
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"...Albert Einstein

Tee
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2005, 03:27 PM

Very cool!
Be sure to at least establish a password for the wireless network, or else other people within range could steal your precious DSL bandwidth.

Also, now that you have the router you shouldn't need to use Internet Connect to manually establish your DSL connection, you were able to enter your PPPoE info directly into the router, right?

suprz's ghost  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2005, 05:03 PM

yes, i did enter it right into the router. and the internet is on upon demand. but i didnt yet figure out how to encrypt the wireless connection

Tee
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2005, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by suprz's ghost
yes, i did enter it right into the router. and the internet is on upon demand. but i didnt yet figure out how to encrypt the wireless connection
The security option you are looking for is probably something like "WPA Personal" or "WEP".
But, I'm not sure if the PSP supports those security options...
Edit: from a quick search it looks like the PSP might only support WEP (which is better than nothing)

Forum Links
Forum Rules