Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Wumin!

Wumin!
version
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2006, 03:21 PM

I don;t understand them, I really don't. No matter what I do, they just confound me and befuddle me beyond words. Women... a mystery only known to the gods.
A Jew with a view.

natnabour
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2006, 03:27 PM

its ok. we feel the same about men.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2006, 03:29 PM

If there was no mystery they'd all just be your sister. I suppose.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2006, 03:37 PM

Guess I'm just going through a weird time. I meet the girl of my heavenly dreams and I'm left lost, as usual... it's probably just me and my unresolved mind. Oh well, had to let the MacNN-mind know that for some reason lol.
A Jew with a view.

CleoW
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2006, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by natnabour
its ok. we feel the same about men.
Well, I'm a woman, and I don't feel the same way about men. They are ridiculously simple, IMO.

Females, on the other hand, are usually unstable, esp. when they are young.
13" MacBook Intel Core Duo- 1GB RAM- 80GB HD| 30GB iPod Video| 1GB iPod Nano

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2006, 03:44 PM

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2006, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by CleoW
Well, I'm a woman, and I don't feel the same way about men. They are ridiculously simple, IMO.

Maybe that's it; I'm 35 and my g/f is 21, but we share so much common ground yet I don't feel stable, Just pains me that at my age I'm not settled...
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2006, 03:48 PM

haha! yet there's so many variables inbetween those dials, and that's what confuses me...
A Jew with a view.

ink
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2006, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by version
haha! yet there's so many variables inbetween those dials, and that's what confuses me...
It's just that every setting on those dials affects the settings on all the other dials.

My advice: Just try not to turn any knobs.. or tweak the buttons.. or.. something like that.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2006, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by ink
It's just that every setting on those dials affects the settings on all the other dials.

My advice: Just try not to turn any knobs.. or tweak the buttons.. or.. something like that.

You know, that's a great insight, and probably very true and something i always seem to do! I'm too tired of the mechanics of how things ok, but i keep doing it, and I only leave myself confused.
A Jew with a view.

forkies
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2006, 04:27 PM

<-- is glad he like guys

Mystical, magical, amazing! | Part 2 | The spread of Christianity is our goal. -Railroader

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 17, 2006, 04:28 PM

I think the reason many women find men confusing is because they try to read too much in. They're looking for "instability" (as you put it) that isn't there. I once had a woman try to complain to me about how her boyfriend was spending more time with his brother than with her, and she didn't get what was going on. I was like, "It's football season and he likes watching football with his brother. What's there to get?"
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

hayesk
Sep 17, 2006, 04:29 PM

Maybe that's it; I'm 35 and my g/f is 21, but we share so much common ground yet I don't feel stable, Just pains me that at my age I'm not settled...
Hmm... I'm not so sure it's the opposite sex that's confusing you. I'm guessing the age difference probably is a factor too.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2006, 04:40 PM

----
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2006, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by hayesk
Hmm... I'm not so sure it's the opposite sex that's confusing you. I'm guessing the age difference probably is a factor too.

See, that's the thing, I'm not sure it is the age thing. I've been with women much older tha`n me, and younger, and so on, but this girl just seems to click with me in so many ways, to the point I'm mesmerised by her, and me with her. For someone her age, she's extremely intelligent, smart and aware to the point that I've never come across anyone like her. See, I think my problem is insecurity. Every day she tells me she loves me, can't live without me, etc. and likewise, but I let doubt, fear and so on creep into my mind. Maybe it's because in my mind she is young and I fear her leaving me, but it';s actually me that carries those fears.

Chuckit made some good points there and I'm gonna reply to those tomorrow, but I need some sleep now lol,
A Jew with a view.

version  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 17, 2006, 04:46 PM

Hayesk - thank you for the comments. I guess ultimately I'm scared of hurt, again, and I've gone through too much hurt and just want an easy life in terms of being with someone.

Night all.
A Jew with a view.

OreoCookie
Sep 17, 2006, 05:07 PM

Well, that's magic for ya …�
I think it's to keep us interested, once you think you've got them figured out, they learn to surprise us guys again.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

OreoCookie
Sep 17, 2006, 05:09 PM

Hayesk - thank you for the comments. I guess ultimately I'm scared of hurt, again, and I've gone through too much hurt and just want an easy life in terms of being with someone.
Ain't gonna happen. Those who are most afraid usually suffer the most. Loving and being loved always involves the risks of being hurt and hurting somebody else. Accept it as a fact of life.

There is no easy life, just life. Try to find out what you want and find ways to achieve it.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2006, 05:25 PM

I plead the 5th.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Sep 17, 2006, 11:30 PM

I don;t understand them, I really don't. No matter what I do, they just confound me and befuddle me beyond words. Women... a mystery only known to the gods.
I find if you make them breakfast it normally helps.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

Kevin
Baninated
Sep 18, 2006, 12:19 AM

Learn to write out the Cyrillic alphabet.

with your tongue.

CleoW
Forum Regular
Sep 18, 2006, 01:06 AM

See, that's the thing, I'm not sure it is the age thing. I've been with women much older tha`n me, and younger, and so on, but this girl just seems to click with me in so many ways, to the point I'm mesmerised by her, and me with her. For someone her age, she's extremely intelligent, smart and aware to the point that I've never come across anyone like her. See, I think my problem is insecurity. Every day she tells me she loves me, can't live without me, etc. and likewise, but I let doubt, fear and so on creep into my mind. Maybe it's because in my mind she is young and I fear her leaving me, but it';s actually me that carries those fears.
Ah, so it's you. I don't like to talk about my personal life in this kind of forum, but I'll make an exception for you.

I am a 20 year old female who is in a relationship with a 52 year old man. We've known each other for two and a half years, but he's just now coming around to trust me; so, just now are we are really starting to enjoy a full, meaningful relationship. You see, like you, he kept entertaining ideas in his head. He kept thinking that I had ulterior motives for being with him, and that I was soon going to dump him for a younger man, etc.

These issues that he dealt with really kept us apart emotionally. We would go through the motions, but the soul bond was missing. I had to keep on top of him. He kept trying to test me.

My point is, don't let your doubt ruin your relationship. By not fully trusting her, you are keeping yourself distant from her in a way that really counts in a romantic relationship. You are making yourself miserable and if you feel strongly enough, she will sense it as well. Just think about it.

CleoW
Forum Regular
Sep 18, 2006, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
I think the reason many women find men confusing is because they try to read too much in. They're looking for "instability" (as you put it) that isn't there. I once had a woman try to complain to me about how her boyfriend was spending more time with his brother than with her, and she didn't get what was going on. I was like, "It's football season and he likes watching football with his brother. What's there to get?"
Dead-on observation.

Sealobo
Sep 18, 2006, 01:27 AM

I enjoy being a man.

Men and women can't be equal, or else the harmony will disappear.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Sep 18, 2006, 01:40 AM

Great image bluesky.
I have been going out with my girlfriend for almost 5 years and I still don't think I will ever understand women. Maybe learn to predict them, but understand them? no way
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

Y3a
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2006, 09:12 AM

The hardest part is understanding how many ways "NO" can be phrased. Or that they don't want solutions to their problems, just "Understanding".

organically, women can't load a dishwasher, or do any mechanical things. All women have piles of clutter that they hide someplace. They will yell at you about a single sock next to the hamper while they have closets full on clothes they haven't worn in 3 years all in disarray.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 18, 2006, 09:45 AM

I am a 20 year old female who is in a relationship with a 52 year old man.
I'm sure your friends and family are thrilled.

CleoW
Forum Regular
Sep 18, 2006, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
I'm sure your friends and family are thrilled.
I am an adult.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Sep 18, 2006, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Learn to write out the Cyrillic alphabet.

with your tongue.
Inuendo alert!

hart
Senior User
Sep 18, 2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Y3a
The hardest part is understanding how many ways "NO" can be phrased. Or that they don't want solutions to their problems, just "Understanding".

organically, women can't load a dishwasher, or do any mechanical things. All women have piles of clutter that they hide someplace. They will yell at you about a single sock next to the hamper while they have closets full on clothes they haven't worn in 3 years all in disarray.
Oh, please! Must we hear these tired cliches every time? In my house it's exactly the opposite. It's easy to state blanket generalizations but as I repeatedly tell my 8 year old, saying it, no matter how authoritatively, does not make it so.

Forum Links
Forum Rules