Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Connect360 and the Spring 2007 Dashboard Update - Movie streaming doesn't work

Connect360 and the Spring 2007 Dashboard Update - Movie streaming doesn't work
Eug
Clinically Insane
May 9, 2007, 11:29 AM

I haven't checked movie streaming to my Xbox 360 from Connect360 in quite some time, but after today's Dashboard Update, I tried it. My video folder is now filled with 2000 of my AAC/MP3 music files, and they don't play. None of the videos are listed as far as I can tell, but I must admit I didn't check all 2000 files.

My music folder plays my music fine though.

I am using the latest version of Connect360.

highstakes
Senior User
May 9, 2007, 12:06 PM

They dont have the update for Spring Update yet, I got an email from them about it and its also posted on their website.

Eug  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 9, 2007, 03:41 PM

Xbox Team : Spring '07 Video Playback FAQ

18. After the May 2007 update, my 3rd party software doesn't stream videos correctly. Why?

Video navigation was changed in the May 2007 update. 3rd party software that does not support folders through network sharing will not work correctly. You'll have to contact the software developer for support.

Originally Posted by highstakes View Post
They dont have the update for Spring Update yet, I got an email from them about it and its also posted on their website.
I see that now:

"We are working on the spring update, please bear with us!"

gbafan
Dedicated MacNNer
May 9, 2007, 05:55 PM

I was happy to see on the Nullriver site this morning that they're working on an update. This could actually be huge for Mac users. /crossing fingers
MacBook Pro

iSpork
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2007, 03:59 PM

Hmm still no update... I'm using my iPod to store my MP4s at the moment so that I can stream them to the 360 using USB, but it's only a temp measure because I hate having my iPod formatted in FAT32

invictus1er
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2007, 08:26 PM

ok so the update for connect360 is out. and all seemed fine. ... but im having problems with my with two shows. Heroes and smallville. Both are HD, and have been convert with visual hub to .wmv. They both play perfect on my Mac, but when i go to watch them on the xbox and tv, the video plays slow and the audio is out of sync. this doesnt happen with any of my other shows that ive converted and played the same way....any ideas why this might b happening?

Eug  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 13, 2007, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by invictus1er View Post
ok so the update for connect360 is out. and all seemed fine. ... but im having problems with my with two shows. Heroes and smallville. Both are HD, and have been convert with visual hub to .wmv. They both play perfect on my Mac, but when i go to watch them on the xbox and tv, the video plays slow and the audio is out of sync. this doesnt happen with any of my other shows that ive converted and played the same way....any ideas why this might b happening?
Apparently, the update broke playback of some WMV files.

Furthermore, I can confirm that some H.264 files played directly on the Xbox 360 from a DVD are also having sync issues. These are Apple QuickTime trailers, and play fine in QuickTime.

SOLIDAge
Mac Elite
May 13, 2007, 09:09 PM

so the latest version of Connect360 was released today but I think there are still some issues to work out.

my old HD WMVs i had that played flawlessly before are now VERY choppy, and alot of my MP4 content will load for a second then not play at all, or error out saying it's unsupported

is this the feedback everyone's been getting?

Eug  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 14, 2007, 12:03 AM

What I meant about the update breaking WMV files was MS's update. A lot of people with WMV files that played perfectly before the Xbox 360 update are now having problems with the very same files.

So, it's difficult to know how much of the problem you guys are experiencing are due to Connect360, and how much are due to the Xbox 360 itself.

I guess the easiest way to verify this would be to burn the files to disc and see what happens when you try to play them off the disc on the Xbox 360.

Eug  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 24, 2007, 04:49 PM

Apparently it supports automatic transcoding now. Transcoding of what though?

Forum Links
Forum Rules