Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > [ANN] Risk Rolled - My first iOS app released on the store today!

[ANN] Risk Rolled - My first iOS app released on the store today!
Chips G
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2012, 01:19 AM

Mods - I requested permission a few months ago to post my personal work on this forum (at the time looking for beta testers for another project) and I was permitted to do so by using the [ANN] tags in front of the thread title. If this rule no longer applies please feel free to delete this thread - I hope I am not stepping on anyones toes.

Whenever I head home for holidays my buddies and I will get together to play the best board game ever - RISK. After a few sodas and amassed armies everywhere the thought of rolling dice hundreds of times near the end of the game just got to be too much - so I created my first iOS app and today it was released on the app store!
It lets you roll virtual dice, or do automated rolling where you enter the number of attacking and defending units and the app will simulate the battle (you to watch the units deplete in real time so you can pull out if the attackers are taking a beating).

If anyone is interested I would love the support of downloads! And if this is inappropriate for me to use the boards like this I apologize and please delete this thread.

If this thread can live and anyone wants feature enhancements let me know here!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/risk-...9762?ls=1&mt=8

EDIT: The application now has a website: http://goodhou.se/RiskRolled/
( Last edited by Chips G; Apr 27, 2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Fixed URL, 2nd edit: Add application website)
This signature is obsolete.

Kensington
Mar 13, 2012, 08:18 AM

Your link doesn't work.

Chips G  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2012, 10:17 AM

How embarrassing - thank you very much for the heads up. It is now fixed.
Thanks again!

QSilver
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 13, 2012, 11:35 AM

Congrats!!

Demonhood
Administrator
Mar 13, 2012, 11:47 AM

Bonus points for the app name.

Chips G  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 14, 2012, 02:15 AM

Thanks QSilver!
I know it's a very small and simple application - but for someone with no real formal programming education (stackoverflow is the best!) I am pretty excited to be on the app store.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to promote small applications like this? I don't see large sites like engadget or the like reviewing such a small app - but are there other websites that people can recommend to submit this app to for review?

Chips G  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 27, 2012, 04:48 PM

I have now created a website for the app: Risk Rolled
It has been interesting watching the sales statistics. No mind blowing numbers (as expected) - but people from all around the world are buying. I think the most interesting country so far is Kuwait.

Forum Links
Forum Rules