Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iDVD WTF?

iDVD WTF?
MARINEOSX
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 27, 2006, 03:02 PM

Ok i have 3 movies that I made backups of before I came out to iraq so that I didnt have to bring the disks. I saved them and encoded them into divx format. they are about 600-680mb files each. I just got a 360 and I aquired a 24 inch tv from a fellow marine. I would like to burn them to a disc so that I can watch them on the bigger monitor. I add them to idvd and 3 movies at 700mb is 2.1gb not 16gb. even if I change it to better performance or better quality it still exceedes the limit. I know that there are decent movies you can buy here from the locals that have up to 5 movies on one 4.7gb dvdr. why does the file get so engourged and why cant I adjust it? is there anything or any apps that i can use to be able to get what I want? dvdr's are expensive and i dont have many so i would rather not waste 3 dvds if i can usee one. thanks in advance.
Bless those that sacrifice for us all.

macboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 27, 2006, 04:38 PM

When you talk about bootleg copies that have 4-5 movies in each Single layer DVD, they usually dont have any special features and in some cases have a few scenes from the main movie cut in order to fit into one DVD after the compression.

What you can do is use a program like Visual Hub where you can further compress the movies you have and try putting it into iDVD then.. or compress for DVD in Visual Hub itself.. That should easily accomodate your 3 movies into a single DVD..

Forum Links
Forum Rules