Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Little Rubber Feet Needed !

Little Rubber Feet Needed !
Nickatnyt
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2003, 04:49 AM

Can anybody point me to a source for some rubber feet?

yes, I am new here but just bought my 2nd Apple.....a used ibook 500 DVD. I love it and my co-workers think it is awesome. My first apple was the Emac so now I have four computers in my den!

Thx for any help on this.....so many of you have posted very helpful info here - it will take me months to go thru just a small part of it......Nick

MPC
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2003, 06:37 AM

There was a thread a while back about a guy who got Apple to ship him extras since his fell out. You could try that or e-mail the folks at www.pbparts.com and see if they can help you out.

Good Luck.

TomHMeredith
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2003, 11:11 AM

I saw that http://www.applemacparts.com have spare feet for powerbooks, so they may have them for iBooks as well.
What are you looking for? A signature?

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2003, 12:47 AM

I went to the local Apple store (in St. Louis) for a few things. I offfered to pay for a new set, cuz one of mine fell out of my iBook.

The great workers there (shameless plug for the St. Louis Apple Store.... thanks guys!) gave me a set for free.

Needless to say, kudos to Apple Store St. Louis!

babynino
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2003, 02:07 AM

as with cjrivera's posts i suggest that you go to your local Apple store and ask for those rubber feet. I lost one last year a month after i got my iBook 12" 700mhz (sold already), a friend gave me an email address of steve jobs (which i then found later that it has been circulating in forums already) and complain about this rubber feet issue. After a week, a local rep from Apple called me up and told me that Apple US shipped me a set of rubber feet and the rest is history. After that almost all Apple Stores here in my place have them on stock
I dont suggest that you email steve jobs but check your local Apple Stores first, some gave them for free, others not. Well i got mine for free
12" 1GHz AL PowerBook G4 768MB RAM 40GB/APX

mattsliva
Forum Regular
Jan 27, 2003, 02:00 PM

call apple, they'll send you new ones. they did for me.

jaceh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2003, 06:14 PM

I needed some a while back when my iBook came back from repair missing a foot. I called Apple and they sent me 4 but I only needed one. I still have the extras if you'd like them. Let me know.
if you give a mac a cookie...

fibroptikl
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 27, 2003, 07:33 PM

I need a little feet that goes on the top of the display to prevent it from going down all the way.

vvedge
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 27, 2003, 10:19 PM

Usually when you get your machine back from repair, Apple will put any missing feet back on...

So last time I sent mine in, i pried a few off to get some extra feet..
--whats this button do?

Goodbye koobi
... we had fun, but Apple Repair and the years have not been kind to you... godspeed...

Nickatnyt  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 28, 2003, 03:26 AM

Thanks for all the great advice......I will contact jaceh and see if a few bucks can pry those feet outta their hands!

rytc
Senior User
Jan 30, 2003, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by vvedge:
Usually when you get your machine back from repair, Apple will put any missing feet back on...

So last time I sent mine in, i pried a few off to get some extra feet..
Yea? Well my
sister's just came back from repair after succumbing to the infamous creaking hinge and black screen death. The feet were TAPED on with blue tape when she sent it in and came back still with the old broken feet and same crappy tape!!! Thats what I call shoddy service in my opinion esp. since it cost Euro 450 to fix what is essentiall an Apple design fault.

cu Ry

Nickatnyt  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 30, 2003, 03:45 PM

Hello JACEH - I will take you up on your offer! Would be glad to send you a few $ to cover postage too......LMK.....thx.....Nick

Forum Links
Forum Rules