Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Adobe Illustrator 10.0.3 Saving Problems

Adobe Illustrator 10.0.3 Saving Problems
rlorenc
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2003, 07:43 PM

I have been having the following error message pop up on me on several different machines all running Mac OS X v.10.2.5 and Illustrator 10.0.3 only over the past couple of days.

"Acrobat PDF File Format is having difficulties. Object level badly formatted."

The file save seems to get almost to the end when the message appears and consequently nothing is saved.

At first I thought that the problem was limited to when I was trying to save files that were being worked on off of a server (XServe, in case anyone was wondering). This was soon proven incorrect as after a few saves the exact same problem appears when saving a file locally.

It seems to take three saves for the problem to appear with ANY file save on three different Macintoshes.

I am have trashed Illustrator preferences, re-intalled the application, trashed "dfont.xx" files and the whole shooten-match. I am also running Font Reserve Client 1.6 (running of the server application) on all machines. In that software's respect I have cleaned cache and preferences on multiple machines, as well.

This seems as this may be a problem from the recent 10.2.5 system update since it was only a few days after that that the problems began--on multiple computers. Why it would take days to manifest itself I cannot say.

I have also posted this message in the Adobe Illustrator Macintosh forums. Somebody, please help!

DeathMan
Mac Elite
May 2, 2003, 02:43 AM

There is a thread on this in the Art Graphics Forum.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=157599

Might give you some answers.

rlorenc  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 7, 2003, 04:14 PM

Originally posted by DeathMan:
There is a thread on this in the Art Graphics Forum.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...hreadid=157599

Might give you some answers.
Thanks but the problems that that thread is discussing are not really related to mine.

As a side note, I hoped that the 10.2.6 system update released yesterday would remedy some of my problems with Illustrator (noted above) that seemed to appear a little while after updating to v.10.2.5. No dice. All problems persist.

Sounds like Adobe needs to get working on this one.

Forum Links
Forum Rules