Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail: Sent Messages problems...

Mail: Sent Messages problems...
rlorenc
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 20, 2003, 05:42 PM

Upon looking in my "Sent Messages" folder in Mail (OS X 10.2.6) I noticed that over the past couple of days that the "To" column is completely blank (like I sent an only BCC message) and when I try to access one of those messages Mail either quits or I get this where the body of the message should be:

"The message from Richard Lorenc <[email protected]> concerning �test� has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take this account online in order to download it."

I have my .mac account set up in Mail as POP account so that I download all of my messages. I have used it this way for years with no problem.

I have tried repairing privlidges, restarting Mail and the machine and I've even done "fsck" to correct for a couple other problems that I am having.

Does anyone know what would cause this behavior and how to fix it? I cannot rebuild the Sent Messages box so that's out of the question too.

One other thing that may be affecting this: I have 8863 messages in my Sent Messages folder. Could that be causing it?

Additionally, I just tried trashing Mail's preference file in my home/library (the "com.apple.mail.plist" file) and for some reason, when I opened Mail, my Sent Messages reverted back to sometime in February of this year with about 4000 messages less in the Sent Messages folder.

Thanks.
( Last edited by rlorenc; Sep 20, 2003 at 05:48 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules