Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Panther DVD Player

Panther DVD Player
rlorenc
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 26, 2003, 01:06 AM

Does anyone else have this problem?

While in full screen mode on my PBG4, while playing a DVD disc, the full screen mode only lasts for about 5 minutes (perhaps less) until it goes back to a "Normal" window sized viewer.

This happens consistantly.

HELP!

Thanks!

tr
Mac Elite
Oct 26, 2003, 01:14 AM

i dunno if this pertains to your problem, but i was watching a DVD fullscreen on a second monitor, and if i switched to another app (like iChat) in my main monitor while the movie was playing, the DVD would switch to windowed mode. it's like, if you want fullscreen, you have to stay in DVD player, and can't go to any other apps.

tr

rlorenc  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 26, 2003, 01:20 AM

Originally posted by tr:
i dunno if this pertains to your problem, but i was watching a DVD fullscreen on a second monitor, and if i switched to another app (like iChat) in my main monitor while the movie was playing, the DVD would switch to windowed mode. it's like, if you want fullscreen, you have to stay in DVD player, and can't go to any other apps.

tr
Yeah, when it happens I am not trying to use any other apps, only trying to watch the video and not even pressing any buttons...

Hop Pocket
Forum Regular
Oct 26, 2003, 01:29 AM

Originally posted by tr:

tr
Go into DVD Player Preferences : Full Screen and check "Remain in full screen when DVD Player is inactive".. That will solve that problem. I'm not sure if it will help the other problem, but it might if every 5 minutes some other application was stealing the focus.

rlorenc  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 26, 2003, 01:31 AM

Originally posted by Hop Pocket:
Go into DVD Player Preferences : Full Screen and check "Remain in full screen when DVD Player is inactive".. That will solve that problem. I'm not sure if it will help the other problem, but it might if every 5 minutes some other application was stealing the focus.
Thanks, but I've already tried that. It now happens that the Dock pops up every couple of minutes while in full screen mode...

rjenkinson
Professional Poster
Oct 26, 2003, 03:25 AM

some other application is interrupting the DVD player.

-r.

Jim_MDP
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2003, 03:50 AM

5 minute auto-check in Mail?

SSharon
Professional Poster
Oct 26, 2003, 03:56 AM

I don't think its Mail, but I could be wrong. I have mine check every minute and the only time it causes problems is at 4am when my schools servers restart and it can't login.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 26, 2003, 08:46 AM

Screen effects?

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Forum Links
Forum Rules