Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > X11 font weirdness in Panther

X11 font weirdness in Panther
rytc
Senior User
Nov 17, 2003, 02:58 AM

Under 10.2 I installed X11 along with Fink and the developer tools. Using these I installed a number of Unix apps, one of these being the soulseek client Nicotine. Ever since installing Panther along with the X11 on the install CDs, all the fonts in my X11 apps have gone weird see here http://www.rytc.orcon.net.nz/X11-weirdness.jpg
This is in Soulseek, the font is different than previously and pretty ugly IMO. The same font seems to be used in all the X11 apps under Panther now. Is this how other people's Panther X11 apps look? Is there a setting somewhere to change it? Or do I need to recompile my apps using the new Panther developer tools? Other than the font issue all the apps run as per usual. :/
Thanks Ry

Forum Links
Forum Rules