Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > The 933mhz or 1Ghz

The 933mhz or 1Ghz
ChangeClothes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2003, 02:03 AM

I am intrested in purchasing a ibook G4, but I am trying to think if I want the 933mhz or the 1Ghz, which one is really worth the price, any suggestions from Mac Users

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2003, 10:10 PM

Well, for $200 you get an extra 66mhz and 20GB of hard drive space. The speed difference isn't too big, and you can get external hard drive space for much cheaper.
I'd go with the 933, and spend $150-$200 on a nice sized FireWire hard drive if you need the extra space. This way, you have a quick, easy backup solution and you can just plug it in to another computer to share files. You will also be able to "take it with you" when you buy your next computer.

DaBeav
Nov 21, 2003, 10:13 PM

I would guess the extra 67MHz won't make that much of a difference. The upgrade to a 60GB HD at the Apple Store is $50, so you're still saving $150 over the 1GHz model - you can pocket, or apply toward and iPod or iSight or...

i_wolf
Forum Regular
Nov 23, 2003, 08:58 PM

how bout you get the 933, and then with the money saved go and get a faster hard drive. ive been reliably told that the ibook G4 933 is a screamer with a 5200 rpm or 7200 travelstar hard disk

Forum Links
Forum Rules