Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > complex fontagent pro/APE problem

complex fontagent pro/APE problem
barbarian
Senior User
Feb 24, 2004, 02:58 PM

I have complicated problem... was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on how to fix it:

The issue.

1. I was happily running Font Agent Pro (for my money the best OS X font manager) alongside Safari and windowshade.

2. My wife installed Font Card.

3. Immediately afterwards most programs using webkit started crashing when it was time to render a page (Safari and Netnewswire for example).

4. I removed font card and rebooted, but the problem persisted.

5. I removed APE and rebooted, the problem persisted.

6. I removed Font Agent Pro (including the frameworks it installed), rebooted, and Safari started rendering properly again.

7. But now I can't run Font Agent Pro without this problem happening again. The only solution to get back to the state I was originally in seems to be a complete system reinstall which I am loath to do.

Any ideas? Does anyone know which files Font Card modifies? I have duplicated the issue on another machine so I'm pretty sure Font Card is the culprit.

workerbee
Mac Elite
Feb 24, 2004, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by barbarian:
Any ideas? Does anyone know which files Font Card modifies? I have duplicated the issue on another machine so I'm pretty sure Font Card is the culprit.
Very interested to hear about this, too, even though my little troubles were not related to FAP or webcore.
MBP 15" 2.33GHz C2D 3GB 2*23" ACD

Forum Links
Forum Rules