Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Free old Macs and assorted crap-MN, WI

Free old Macs and assorted crap-MN, WI
seanb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2005, 02:46 PM

It's time to clean out the storage room, including all the old Macs. I don't have info on all of them, but I thought I would toss out a feeler to see if anyone is interested. I'm not willing to take the time to ship these things, and I don't want to have someone else here do it either, sorry. I'm in the Duluth, MN - Superior, WI area, so if you're willing to pick this stuff up, it's all yours.

Here's a partial list:

8100/80
Quadra 840av
7100/80av
7100/66
6100/66
Centris 660av

There are, I think, 3 G3 upgrade cards that are compatible with the 6100-8100's (? can't remember exactly..). has a card, but they can be switched around.

LaserWriter Select
LaserWriter IInt

There are a couple old apple monitors, and probably a couple more printers. There's also some other related stuff sitting around. I'd like to get rid of all of it. If anyone is interested, I'll post more information.

Sean

seanb  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 17, 2005, 09:47 PM

Nobody?

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as where to donate this stuff?

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 17, 2005, 10:17 PM

Oh how I wish I lived near ya...
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

omar96
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 17, 2005, 10:45 PM

I imagine that's a pretty good drive from Kenosha, where I'll be at the end of the month, huh?
eMac 1.25GHz | 1.5GB PC2700 | 250GB Maxtor HDD | 8x LiteOn DVD+-RW

Sawtooth 1.5GHz | 1GB PC133 | 120GB Maxtor HDD | 40x CD-RW (external) | 16x DVD-ROM | Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

swichd
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 22, 2005, 12:57 AM

Originally posted by omar96:
I imagine that's a pretty good drive from Kenosha, where I'll be at the end of the month, huh?
Only an 8 hour drive.

I wish I lived closer
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Microsoft Products are Generally Bug Free"
-- Bill Gates[/FONT]

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 22, 2005, 08:37 PM

i have some relatives - (my wife's cousin) i believe they live in duluth. i will have to check - i will pm you if i find anything out

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

seanb  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2005, 12:06 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm heading out of town tonight, and I'll be gone until Friday evening. If anyone would like to arrange to pick anything up, please email my sister at 'mandy at sportsmansconnection.com.' You're welcome to post here of course, but no one will see it. We'd like to get rid of everything this week, so please make it quick.

Sorry I can't ship any of this stuff, I simply don't have the time right now. I'm up to my neck in deadlines, and I really need the space.

filmmaker2002
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 23, 2005, 12:45 AM

Originally posted by omar96:
Not to hijack, but what are you doin in K-Town? I guess that's what us Kenoshans (Well, I live in Milwaukee now, parents still live in Kenosha) call it these days
It's just an ordinary day and it's all your
state of mind, at the end of the day, you
just gotta say it's alright!

Forum Links
Forum Rules