Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Revisiting the vBulletin v. UBB discussion

Revisiting the vBulletin v. UBB discussion
Justin W. Williams
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2002, 02:09 PM

I didn't really see a definitive answer in the vBulletin v. UBB discussion from a few weeks ago.

vBulletin is a lot more feature packed and a heck of a lot faster on any hardware.

Can someone give a real reason (other than hardware) not to upgrade? I am sure many members would welcome the change.
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me
AIM - iTikki [NEW AND IMPROVED!]
http://www.tikkirulz.com

agentz
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2002, 03:04 PM

I for one wouldn't like to see a change to vBulletin and I'd disagree with it being faster. One of the digital TV sites that I visit almost as much as MacNN uses vB for its forums and it is horrendous now. Its so slow and is beginning to look damn ugly.

I like the way that the MacNN boards look, very little clutter and apart from some of the recent issues when there have been problems with either the servers or the ISP I don't feel that the boards are slow.

As for 'feature-packed' - what extra features exactly would vB provide that we don't already have on UBB? Personally I think UBB provides all the features that I could want from a BB package.
MI5 doesn't do evil. Just treachery, treason and armageddon.

GK
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 9, 2002, 03:10 PM

I actually like the way the Macnn boards look, no need to change that IMHO.

Justin W. Williams  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 9, 2002, 04:36 PM

My main gripe really is the searching. Searching is way too much of a pain. If they could get an update for that, I'd be happy.

If I could also get an email everytime someone replies to a topic I have posted in, I'd be in heaven.

Its like a wishlist
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me
AIM - iTikki [NEW AND IMPROVED!]
http://www.tikkirulz.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules